Café Style Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl. Wash the lettuce leaves and tear them into pieces and drain. When the boiled eggs are done, peel and slice with an egg slicer. Put the cooked rice on a serving plate, add the lettuce, teriyaki chicken and boiled eggs in that order.
Once Chicken is browned and cooked through, add your homemade teriyaki sauce to your skillet and continue to cook stirring until the sauce has thickened. Better than takeout and made with just a few ingredients, this Asian chicken dinner idea is on our weekly rotation! Easy Asian dishes are always a favorite around here. You can cook Café Style Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Café Style Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl
- Prepare 2 large of bowlfuls Hot cooked rice.
- Prepare 4 of leaves Lettuce.
- You need 2 of Boiled eggs (or fried eggs).
- It’s 1 of Chicken (I recommend using chicken thigh fillet).
- Prepare 1 of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Teriyaki Sauce (Recipe ID: 1415913).
- You need 4 tsp of ○Sugar.
- You need 4 tsp of ○Soy sauce.
- You need 4 tsp of ○Sake.
- You need 4 tsp of ○Mirin.
Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and bring to medium high heat. Add the chicken but don't crowd the pan. Mix together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic, cornstarch, and optional ginger powder in a small bowl. Heat a large pan on medium-high heat.
Café Style Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl instructions
- Start boiling the eggs. *If you cook rice at the same time, wrap the eggs with aluminium foil and put them on top of the rice and cook in a rice cooker. You can kill two birds with one stone..
- Slice the chicken (remove and discard any sinew) diagonally into 10~12 pieces. Or you can chop into bite-sized pieces..
- Coat the chicken from Step 2 with katakuriko. It's easy to coat the chicken if it is shaken in a plastic bag..
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken. When the edges turn white and opaque, flip. Cover and steam fry over low heat..
- While you are waiting for the chicken to cook, combine the ○ ingredients for the teriyaki sauce..
- When the chicken is cooked, remove excess oil with paper towels. Then coat the chicken with the teriyaki sauce..
- Wash the lettuce leaves and tear them into pieces and drain..
- When the boiled eggs are done, peel and slice with an egg slicer..
- Put the cooked rice on a serving plate, add the lettuce, teriyaki chicken and boiled eggs in that order. Pour the leftover sauce from the frying pan over the chicken and it's done..
- Add mayonnaise to taste..
It's difficult to choose a favorite rice bowl recipe, but our Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl is definitely a top contender! Rice bowls usually consist of rice, vegetables, a protein, and a sauce, so not only are they versatile, but they are a full meal loaded with good-for-you stuff. Crispy and juicy skinless chicken thighs stir-fried and swimming in a beautiful flavoured homemade teriyaki sauce. A hint of garlic adds a twist on a traditional Japanese Teriyaki. Mix all the ingredients for teriyaki sauce in a bowl and transfer to a sauce pan.