Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou. Never Beaten On Price Or Quality, Plus Huge March Savings Today. Unwrap Something Worth Wrapping Up In This Winter, and Keep Cosy In Wearable Wool. Warm Never Looked (Or Felt) So Good.
Made these today to freeze for Thanksgiving. A quick & easy recipe for homemade buttermilk drop biscuits that are slightly crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with cheddar cheese + garlic flavor! In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and garlic powder. You can have Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter flavored shortening (original recipe called for lard).
- Prepare 2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of softened butter.
Grate (or cut into small cubes) the butter into the flour mixture and blend with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. There will still be pea-sized lumps of butter in the mixture. Place the biscuits into a greased cast iron pan or if you don't have one, a round cake pan or any casserole dish will do, with the sides of the biscuits just touching. Pour on top of the biscuits.
Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou step by step
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together..
- Mix the shortening in well and gradually add the buttermilk..
- Add the Cheddar and garlic.
- Knead until very smooth. On heavy board, roll to 1/2 inch thickness, cut with medium round cutter and bake about fifteen minutes in an oven heated to 450 °. Brush tops with butter. serve piping hot..
- Note: This is a HEARTY, dense biscuit. Don't expect light and fluffy..
Cheddar Bay Biscuits made with buttermilk and cheddar cheese. Theses biscuits are even better than Red Lobsters version. Brushed with garlic butter when they're fresh out of the oven, they are just so irresistible! And you don't even have to go to Red Lobster for them anymore! Ya'll we're just over a week away from Thanksgiving!