Lisa's Chicken with White Wine Sauce. In a medium size mixing bowl add the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, white wine and mushrooms. While the chicken is frying, peel and chop the onion and garlic and slice the mushrooms. Reduce the heat slightly and add the butter.
Add chicken breasts and cook until nicely browned on both sides. Pour in chicken stock and white wine, using enough chicken stock so that the chicken pieces are covered halfway to two thirds by liquid. Easy enough for weeknight dinners and tasty enough for company! You can cook Lisa's Chicken with White Wine Sauce using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lisa's Chicken with White Wine Sauce
- It’s 6 of chicken breasts, boneless skinless.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper as desired.
- It’s 2 of (10.5 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 2 of (10.5 oz) cans cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine, like Pinot Grigio.
- You need 6 oz of can/jar sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of rice, uncooked.
You can never have enough Easy Chicken Breast Recipes in your recipe box! We added tons of garlic cloves for an extra punch of flavor. The poached chicken in white wine sauce absorbs all the scrumptious flavor from the creamy white wine sauce and the ingredients in that sauce. Those ingredients include a classic French staple: bacon!
Lisa's Chicken with White Wine Sauce instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray, then add the chicken breasts to the pan, salt and pepper each breast (both sides)..
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, white wine and mushrooms. Mix thoroughly..
- Pour mixture over the chicken breasts and place in your oven. Cook for 45 – 50 minutes or until chicken is done..
- Cook the rice as directed by the package and set aside to keep warm..
- Once the chicken is done remove from the oven and place chicken on a plate..
- Pour the sauce into a sauce pan on low heat and add the sour cream and stir to combine about 2 minutes..
- Plate 1/2 cup of rice and top with one chicken breast (whole or sliced) and spoon sauce over top..
Similar to how beef bourguignon is started, this chicken in white wine sauce recipe begins with browning some bacon. You'd be surprised at what bacon can do for a dish like this. Add the Beans, coconut cream, white wine, dijon mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix around in the pan and reduce to a simmer. The sauce should be quite watery to start with, and will reduce to a lovely creamy sauce.