Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce. The Only Way to Get Fresher, Is to Catch It Yourself! Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Put a large pan with a lid on a high heat and let it heat up. Finely slice the parsley stalks, then put them to one side and roughly chop the leaves. Peel and chop the garlic, quarter the tomatoes and get your wine ready. You can cook Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of spaghetti.
- It’s 2 lb of clams.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped fresh parsley.
Add the pasta to the boiling water with a good pinch of salt and cook according to packet instructions until al dente. You may need to add more clam juice or a little pasta water. Add white wine and cook until the liquid starts to boil, then add clams to pan. Cook over medium heat until all clams open wide.
Clam Spaghetti with White Wine Sauce step by step
- boil and salt water in pot to cook pasta.
- in a large pan, melt butter and add Olive oil over medium heat.
- add onion and garlic, sautee for a few minutes until fragrant.
- add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- *if you haven't already, add pasta to boiling water, and cook about ten minutes stirring occasionally. Cook slightly al dente..
- to pan, add wine, lemon juice, and clams.
- stir and place lid on pan to allow clams to steam and open (if they do not open, discard).
- add chopped parsley.
- drain pasta, do not rinse, and add to pan of clams..
- stir and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- turn off the heat and stir to make sure the pasta is coated, serve hot.
- you can top with some fresh parsley, parmesan, and add garlic bread if desired.
Add a small amount of the pasta water to the white wine garlic sauce and mix well before removing from heat. Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta according to packet instructions. In the pot with the sauce, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the clams to the pot. While the pasta is boiling, put a large frying pan on the stove with a little extra-virgin olive oil. While the spaghetti is boiling, remove the clams from the bowl they have been soaking in with a slotted spoon – so that any sand is left at the bottom of the bowl – rinse in a colander and transfer.