Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF [email protected] Free-From Cookbook Scotland. Came out just as I hoped! The chicken was so moist after soaking all night and the spices suited my taste perfectly.
Here is how you cook that. Ingredients of Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF. Prepare pieces of Safe milk – enough to completely cover the chicken. You can have Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of chicken divided into 2 wings, 2 breasts, 2 legs and 2 thighs.
- It’s of Safe milk – enough to completely cover the chicken.
- It’s of Apple cider vinegar as required.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce see my link for a gluten-free recipe.
- It’s of plain /gluten-free flour.
- It’s of paprika.
- You need of cornstarch / cornflour.
- You need of Chicken Seasoning such as Schwartz brand.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of 'All Purpose' or 'Season All' seasoning.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of thyme.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- It’s of vegetable or corn oil for shallow frying.
Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF. Prepare pieces of Safe milk – enough to completely cover the chicken. Before you jump to Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting Healthy Tips.
Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Add the chicken to a bowl and measure how much milk you need to cover it completely. For every 230ml of milk, add 1 tbsp vinegar.
- Pour a slug of worcestershire sauce into the bowl of 'buttermilk' and let the chicken pieces sit in it for at least 3 hours in the fridge, overnight is even better https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332869-vickys-homemade-buttermilk-substitute https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Mix all the other dry ingredients into the flour. I use a large tupperware container with a good fitting lid and shake everything together. Let it sit until the chicken has finished soaking to let the flavours take to the flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 180C / 350°F and preheat oven to same temp, gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Drain the buttermilk and discard, then toss the chicken pieces one at a time in your box of seasoned flour.
- Shallow fry each piece for 2 minutes each side, then dip again in the flour and fry again 2 mins each side before placing on a wire rack in an oven tray.
- Cook for 20 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the thickest part shows clear juices inside. The wings will cook more quickly than the rest of the pieces so check them after 20 minutes.
- Serve with finger food sides such as chips/fries, corn on the cob, bread & butter.
Here is how you achieve it. Here is how you achieve that. Vickys Venison Cider Casserole, GF DF EF SF NF Instructions. Melt the sunflower spread in a frying pan and brown the diced venison. Don't cook it right through Vickys Gumbo, GF DF EF SF NF.