Cajun pork and lentils. Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. Add the lentils, chicken stock, garlic, and Italian seasoning into your crockpot.
Here is how you do it. Cajun pork and lentils Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, cajun pork and lentils. You can have Cajun pork and lentils using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun pork and lentils
- You need 1 lb. of lentils.
- It’s 2 lb. of pork spare ribs strips, cut in small pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pork fat.
- You need of jon cajun seasoning.
- It’s 3 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of paprika powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of thyme leaves.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp. of dry oregano leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of Mexican chili powder.
- Prepare of other ingredients.
- You need 2/3 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 2/3 cup of diced red peppers.
- You need 2/3 cup of diced green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped tomatoes or chunky tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 of diced potato.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 1/2 qt. of + 1 cup. water.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. Cajun pork and lentils is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. Recipe of Award-winning Cajun pork and lentils Hello everybody, I hope you're having an incredible day today.
Cajun pork and lentils instructions
- Check the lentils for stones or any foreign objects. Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. Pad dry the ribs with paper towel and mix with 2½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Let them marinate for 1 hour. Save the rest of the seasoning for other Cajun recipes..
- Cut the vegetables and measure the rest of the ingredients. Heat up at moderate temperature a large frying pan and melt the pork fat. When some of the fat becomes brown, remove and reserve. Place the ribs in the frying pan and brown them on both sides. Remove to a deep pot..
- Add to the frying pan onion, garlic and brown them, trying to lose any particles sticking on the pan. Add the rest of the vegetables, brown pieces of pork fat and sweat them for 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and tomatoes to the pot with the ribs..
- Deglaze the frying pan with the wine or water and add to the ribs. Incorporate the water, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and let the ribs cook slowly for 45 minutes. Drain the soaking lentils. Add lentils, potatoes to ribs in the pot. Let boil the liquid, lower the flame and cook slowly for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are soft..
- Serve the soup with a bit chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top..
Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, Cajun pork and lentils. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Cajun pork and lentils is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth.