Butternut Squash Soup. Low Prices on Butternut Squash Soup. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Butternut Squash On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay.
Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Meanwhile, halve, deseed and rough chop the squash. When the time's up, add the squash and stock to the pan. You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 1 of medium butternut squash, peeled & diced (about 3 cups).
- You need 2 Tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large white onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of S&P.
- It’s 1 of ” fresh ginger, minced or grated.
- You need 4 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 cups of low sodium vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of nutritional yeast.
- You need 2 Tbs of natural peanut butter.
Dominic Chapman's simple yet enormously warming butternut squash soup recipe suits both a dinner party starter and a mid-week supper. This vegetarian soup is a deliciously creamy seasonal soup and is sure to garner fans around the dinner table. Butternut squash soup is delicious served with toasted butternut squash seeds, wild mushrooms or cheese toasties. Add the squash, potato, rosemary sprigs and hot stock.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Add oil to soup pot and heat over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and cook until almost translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add squash and sauté a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce, spices, ginger, yeast and mix.
- Add broth, cover and simmer on medium low heat about 10 minutes or until squash is very soft.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add peanut butter and stir til melted.
- Using immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, use traditional blender and purée soup in stages.
- Use chopped green onion, roasted peanuts, a swirl of unsweetened coconut milk, raw pepitas or pomegranate arils for garnish.
For a really silky soup, put the soup into a liquidiser and blitz it in batches. Chop roughly the carrots, onion, butternut squash and chilli. Spray a large pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the garlic and season lightly. Butternut squash and closely related pumpkin, makes for delicious, vibrant soup: sweet, savoury and rich in body and flavour.