Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF [email protected] Free-From Cookbook Scotland. This is just my chocolate avocado cake in Christmas form really. Mix the flour, cocoa and salt together.
This is just my chocolate avocado cake in Christmas form really. You can't buy gluten free things here that are egg free too and I don't like to make Jack something separate for Christmas pudding when I can make something all if us can enjoy. This turned out even better than I hoped it would. You can have Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of This uses the same recipe as my Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Cake with the ingredients halved as follows:.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of bicarb of soda/baking soda.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of medium avocado, well mashed.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of apple cider vinegar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Buttercream Icing.
- Prepare of dairy-free spread/pure margarine/butter.
- You need of icing/powdered sugar.
- You need of cocoa powder or to taste.
- Prepare of Ganache.
- Prepare of double / heavy / coconut cream.
- Prepare of good quality dark chocolate.
Vickys Cinnamon Spiced Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. Recipe: french yule log It's that time again. time for another Daring Bakers Challenge. Frost Cupcakes Cupcakes Flores Yummy Cupcakes Mini Cupcakes Chocolate Cupcakes Baking Cupcakes Wedding Cupcakes Birthday Cupcakes Flower Cupcakes.
Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat your oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a shallow tin such as for brownies or swiss roll with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and salt together.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, water, oil and avocado. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- In a small bowl combine the baking powder, soda, vinegar then vanilla. Mix until well frothed up then add to the cake batter. Don't overmix or you'll knock all the air out.
- Quickly pour into the shallow cake tin and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until JUST ALMOST done or you won't be able to roll it.
- Lay another piece of greaseproof paper on top of the sponge. Use the bottom paper to roll the sponge over jelly/swiss roll style so the top piece of paper is rolled inside. Don't roll too tight or the cake will crack when you undo it. Let cool 15 minutes then unroll carefully – you are not rolling it completely flat, that will break it. Just loosening it.
- Make up buttercream icing by creaming the butter, sugar and cocoa (you might like more cocoa in it) together, remove the paper and spread on top of the sponge, then roll back up again. Cover the whole sponge including ends in the rest of the buttercream.
- Drag a fork long ways across the 'log' to make the bark of the wood effect. Don't forget the ends, Do those grains circle fashion. Put the cake in the fridge to harden the buttercream.
- To make the ganache for the top, first chop up the chocolate quite small. Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan and as soon as it does, take the pan off the heat and whisk in the chocolate. At this stage you could add a tsp of rum, orange essence or any other flavouring but it's not necessary.
- Let the ganache cool to the point where it's not hot enough to melt the buttercream icing but is still spreadable and put into a piping bag.
- Take the log out of the fridge and pipe the ganache all over remembering the ends. It should settle into the grooves you already made nicely but you can gently go over them again if you want to. Put back into the fridge to harden.
- When ready to serve give a dusting of powdered sugar. Traditionally these are decorated to resemble forests with lots of greenery on top.
Simple and healthy homemade recipe with garlic, spices, onion, pepper. Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF This uses the same recipe as my Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Cake with the ingredients halved as follows: • plain flour • cocoa powder • salt • baking powder • bicarb of soda/baking soda • olive oil • medium avocado, well mashed Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. This is just my chocolate avocado cake in Christmas form really. Uncategorized Recipe of Favorite Easy Macrobiotic Recipe Apple Cake.