Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version). Must See Information on Healthy Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Healthy Cookies. Be informed & Save more Healthy Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Healthy Cookies Great recipe for Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version). I wanted to make some butter cookies that were on the healthier side.
Beat at medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add flour and cocoa until well mixed. Add the flour mixture, and sprinkle the baking soda over the flour. You can cook Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version)
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 113 g of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 80 g of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1-1.5 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare of Other.
- You need 45 g of butter (room temperature).
- You need 1/4 cup of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend.
- It’s 40 ml of unsweetened apple sauce.
- You need 1 of large egg (room temperature).
Walnuts and avocado oil replace the usual eggs and butter, and oats and whole-wheat flour provide the whole grain. Combine dry ingredients and mix very well. Add wet, and form into a big ball. A mere one-quarter cup of butter yields crispy, light cookies and keeps calories in check.
Chocolate Butter Cookies (Healthier version) instructions
- Combine and sift under the Dry Ingredients.
- Use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment to combine the sugar and butter. Add the sugar bit by bit to combine well. Whisk on high speed to until the butter is fluffy and the sugar is melted through. High speed – 8.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then mix in the apple sauce.
- Add the egg mixture to the mixing bowl and whisk again until combined thoroughly..
- Change the attachment to the paddle/beater. Use low speed (stir/2). Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl bit by bit to ensure that the flour is mixed well..
- Place the dough into plastic wrap and make it into a ball..
- Chill the dough for at least 45 mins in the fridge. Better results if you chill it longer..
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray..
- Cut out your cookies..
- Bake the cookies around 10-15 mins depending on the oven. My oven time was 12 minutes..
Dried strawberries lend fiber, color, and subtle sweetness. You can find them in larger supermarkets, or substitute raisins or dried cranberries. Because the dough is heavy, we used a sturdy stand mixer. No Bake Cookies Made Healthier Traditional no bake cookies are made with butter, milk and refined sugar, but for this version we're keeping things dairy-free by using coconut oil instead of butter and almond milk instead of the regular milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg white, and vanilla.