Oriental Brazed Ribs. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Pork spare ribs are blanched, before being braised in a sweet, yet sour sauce. The black vinegar used in this sauce, sure packs a punch. Delicious served with freshly cooked rice. You can have Oriental Brazed Ribs using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oriental Brazed Ribs
- It’s 2 lbs of short ribs.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sherry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
Add the Chinese five spice powder and cook for about a minute. Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, chicken stock, cinnamon stick and star anise. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Return the short ribs to the pan, along with any juices which have settled in the bowl.
Oriental Brazed Ribs step by step
- For the rub, in a blender add the onion, garlic, ginger and coriander and blend..
- Rub the ribs and set aside for 20 minutes..
- Sear ribs in a dutch oven with 2 Tbs oil. Remove and set aside..
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the dutch oven and bring to a boil. Add the ribs and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 1 hr, or until the meat is falling off the bone..
- Remove the ribs and reduce the sauce by half. Serve over rice or pasta..
Instructions Place the pork rib in a large skillet with boiling water, which is sufficient to cover the entire pork rib. Remove the pork rib and discard the water. Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan, saute the ingredients in B until aromatic. For the first time, they got to know there are so many seasonings for getting rid of the fishy smell of the meat, and they also got the secret for making the meat appear golden red. Braised Chinese pork ribs (Wuxi style) 無錫排骨.