Green Beans & Egg Noodles. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Green beans are eaten around the world and are sold fresh, canned, and frozen. They can be eaten raw or steamed, boiled, stir-fried, or baked. They are commonly cooked in other dishes such as soups, stews, and casseroles.
Green beans are native to North, South, and Central America. Today, however, they grow all over. Thin green finger-length beans that are also called French beans or haricots verts. You can have Green Beans & Egg Noodles using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Beans & Egg Noodles
- Prepare 1 package of egg noodles (16 ounce).
- Prepare 1 (1 lb) of package ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s of Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 (16 ounce) of package frozen cut green beans, thawed.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of margarine, added at end of recipe.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese (sprinkle).
They also include the fatter snap or bobby bean, and the yellow wax bean. Confusingly, green beans are not always. Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, and of folic acid and fiber. They have similar nutritional benefits to snap peas and okra.
Green Beans & Egg Noodles step by step
- In a large pot brown your ground beef, drain off any fat….
- Place your chopped onion, green pepper and minced garlic into pot with ground beef, sauté until veggies are tender……
- Now add : margarine, black pepper, oregano, and Italian seasoning, sauté all well……
- Next add your bag of thawed green beans, stir well….Heat on very low heat……
- Meanwhile boil your egg noodles until they are done, drain well….
- Add cooked egg noodles to pot of ground beef and veggies, cook on very low heat until everything is mixed well…..I also added 2 more tablespoons of margarine to the ground beef / egg noodle mixture…..
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy 😉!!.
Green beans, also known as fine beans, string beans or bobby beans, are a wonderful addition to the summer dinner table. They are packed with vitamins and minerals, and an excellent source of fibre too. Toss with the beans, season and serve. Green bean plants are either pole varieties that grow long vines or low-growing bush types. Most varieties are green, but there are also purple, red, yellow, and streaked beans.