SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. Add Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese To Chicken & Yellow Rice For A Tasty One-Pot Meal.
Spread thin layer of sausage mix and a thin layer of cooked rice over meat. Roll chicken up and secure with toothpicks or string. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink. You can have SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- It’s 6 of boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded thin.
- It’s 1 of packet spanish rice, pre-cooked.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of each hot sausage and chorizo.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 of green onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 can of rotel tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of of each: paprika,chili powder, garlic powder and onion flakes or powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chipotle chili powder, cumin and salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1 of packet Sazon seasoning(latin spice mix).
Once the rice is finished (all the water is absorbed), add the rice to the veggies in the skillet and mix together. Spoon the stuffing onto the open chicken breast. Add the green onions and tomato, cooking slightly. Remove plastic and trim each chicken breast to form an even rectangle.
SAUSAGE AND RICE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST step by step
- Pound out chicken breast thin then season both sides with dry season mixture..
- Make rice per instructions then add in sauted bell pepper, onion, green onion and drained can rotel tomatoes..
- Spread thin layer of sausage mix and a thin layer of cooked rice over meat..
- Roll chicken up and secure with toothpicks or string. Sear on top of stove. Finish in oven.
- pre-heat oven to 350°F add seared chicken and cook for 30 minutes..
Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Stuff each breast with a third of the sausage mixture and secure the sides together with baking twine or toothpicks. Cut the chicken breasts in half. Pound each one with a mallet until ¼ inch thick. Season the chicken with the pepper and salt.