Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper. Chipotle and Cheddar Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers Stuffed peppers, typically with some sort of meat and rice filling, have been a comfort-food classic for at least as long as there have been cookbooks. But just because a dish is a classic doesn't mean we can't make it more exciting while still honoring tradition. Slice the large peppers in half lengthwise and stuff each pepper with the chicken mixture.
Arrange pepper halves on the prepared baking pans. Stuff about ½ cup of the chicken and rice mixture into each pepper half. Serve immediately with cilantro for garnish and diced peppers for color (I used the tops of the peppers). You can have Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Prepare 2 of yellow bell peppers.
- It’s 1 C of shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 C of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 C of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 C of tomato salsa.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 2 slices of bacon; small dice.
- You need 1 C of shredded mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion; small dice.
- Prepare 5 oz of chipotle salsa.
- You need 1/3 C of black beans; rinsed and drained.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt and black pepper.
Slice Bell Pepper in half and clean & discard the seeds. Apply room-temp butter on a casserole, place pepper in casserole and set aside. Remove from oven and serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. These Chipotle Lime Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers are a Mexican fiesta in your mouth.
Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Bell Pepper step by step
- Slowly render bacon fat in a medium sized sauce pot over medium-low heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and pat dry between paper towels..
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer in a seperate sauce pot..
- Saute onion in bacon fat until nearly caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Turn heat to high. Add rice and garlic. Stir. Saute 30 seconds. Add regular salsa. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir..
- Add chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer on low 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes. Do not remove lid prior. A clear lid is the best tool for cooking rice..
- Remove the top of the bell pepper just far enough from the top of the pepper where the sliced top will remain intact. Discard stem..
- Slice the bottom of each bell pepper just enough to create a flat bottom so the pepper can stand upright, try not to remove too much of the bottom of the bell pepper as to avoid making a hole through the pepper..
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, bacon, cooked rice, beans, cheese, and chipotle salsa with a large pinch of salt..
- Stuff bell pepper with chicken mixture. Stand up in saute pan or small roasting pan. Add crumbled aluminum foil balls to fill space in pan to prevent pepper from moving if necessary..
- Add water to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and roast approximately 45 minutes at 350º or until peppers are wilted and mixture is slightly bubbling..
- Alternatively, for a less crispy bell pepper roast the peppers with a tiny bit of vegetable oil rubbed on the pepper at 400º for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the peppers begin to soften..
- Variations: Corn, jalapeno, cilantro, goat cheese, cotija cheese, lime juice, spinach, tequila, adobo, white pepper, apple cider vinegar, avocado, poblano, habanero, ground jalapeño powder, coriander seed, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, crushed pineapple, mango, peach-mango salsa, red/orange/yellow bell pepper, roasted bell pepper trio, sofrito, red onion, pearl onions, peas, mushroom, sesame seeds, tamarind, tomatillo salsa, grilled pineapple or corn, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, cumin, Mexican oregano, pinto beans, chickpeas, chihuahua cheese, queso fresco, serrano, ancho chile, orange zest, tomato, fire roasted tomatoes, diced green chiles, coconut, roasted garlic, arugula, swiss, grilled scallions, smoked cumin, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, oregano, pepperjack, monterey jack, salsa verde, nopalitos, shredded beef or pork, raspberries, pomegranate, strawberries, rum, brandy, jicama, honey,.
The spicy ground chipotle, slightly sweet + tangy lime juice and smoky poblanos create a mouthwatering combo. They are packed full of flavor and a breeze to make. Plus, they reheat beautifully and are the main course, carb, and vegetable all rolled into one. Assemble Stuffed Peppers with Chicken and Rice Filling. Grab the chicken that you set aside and stir it into the rice with some Parmesan cheese.