Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Spoon the cake mixture over the pineapple rings in the tin and tap to settle the mixture. Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. Pour this mixture carefully over the cherry-studded pineapple rings; it will only just cover it, so spread it out gently. You can have Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- It’s of Cake Batter.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of plain yoghurt.
- You need 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need of Fruit Base.
- It’s 4 of large pineapple rings, or as needed.
- You need 11 of maraschino cherries, or as needed.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
Fold the melted butter into the mixture with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Top with whipped topping and you've got a lovely dessert for family or company.. Tilt the tin to evenly spread the syrup. Top with the pineapple rings, putting a glacé cherry in the middle of each ring.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe step by step
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salt. Cook until everything is melted and a caramel like sauce forms..
- Pour the mixture into a greased round baking pan. Next, place the pineapple rings all over the bottom of the pan to form a layer and then place cherries in the center of the pineapple rings and in other empty spaces. Cut some rings if necessary..
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients except the sugar and whisk to combine..
- In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar and wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly until everything is well combined..
- Add the wet ingredients mix to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine, making sure there are no lumps..
- The fruit base should have set by now so the fruits don't shift when adding in the cake batter..
- Carefully pour the cake batter over the fruit base..
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 40 minutes. Check on the cake after 30 minutes as every oven is different..
- After baking, take the cake out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. After, loosen the sides of the cake and turn the cake over onto a cake board or plate and leave it like that for 10 minutes..
- After, take of the cake pan and the cake is ready to be served. It lasts only about 2 days in the refrigerator because of the fruits. Happy Baking and Enjoy!.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Arrange the pineapple slices in the base of the tin and place a glace cherry in the centre hole of each. Mix the butter and sugar together until smooth, then add the eggs and beat to combine. Beat all the ingredients in one bowl using a hand or stand mixer, stopping to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl halfway through. Carefully spread the cake batter over the pineapple and level.