Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Weekend Bakes To Celebration Cakes- Gorgeous Cakes For All Occasions. Drain the pineapple slices and leave to dry on kitchen paper.
Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in lightly and evenly with a metal spoon. Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. Or, see our sticky pineapple upside-down pud, which uses wedges of this tropical treat. You can cook Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need of Canned pineapple rings.
- You need of Maraschino cherries.
- Prepare of Vanilla cake.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
And see our tips for how to use up any leftovers. This pineapple upside-down cake recipe is a retro baking classic. The light and fluffy sponge is topped with juicy pineapple slices and glacé cherries for a traditional weekend bake – serve warm with custard for dessert. I tried the pineapple upside down cake today for the first time and it was a triumph – delicious!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 175 C.
- Pour melted butter on the cake pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar, making sure that it's evenly distributed. Arrange the pineapple and maraschino cherries. Set aside.
- Soften the butter along with the granulated sugar using a hand mixer until evenly distributer and smooth..
- Add the egg one at a time until smooth..
- Add the vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients until evenly distributed..
- Alternately combine dry ingredients into the wet batter and the milk in batches, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Make sure not to over mix the cake batter..
- Pour the cake batter over the prepared cake pan..
- Bake for 30 minutes at 175 C. The. Loosely cover with a foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until cake is set..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before flipping the cake..
Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave your pineapple upside-down cake to COOL DOWN. If you attempt to flip it while still warm, it will very likely fall apart. Lift the cake out of the tin using the overhanging liner – I use these reusable cake liners which are sturdy and allow you to lift a large cake in one piece. In a topsy-turvy world, pineapple upside-down cakes are the perfect treat.