Chicken Soup. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat and gently fry the onions, celery and carrots until they start to soften.
It's rich and creamy but red curry paste, ginger, lemongrass and fresh chilli peppers make it nice and spicy. Recipe by: Chef John Cock-a-leekie soup for a crowd Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Fill the pan with cold water so that everything is covered, then place on a high heat and bring to the boil. You can cook Chicken Soup using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Soup
- You need of chicken carcass, from a roast chicken.
- It’s of leftover roast chicken meat.
- Prepare of to large carrots.
- It’s of or 2 bouquet garni – see the tip attached to the recipe direction photo.
- You need of vegetable stock pot (optional).
- Prepare of linguine, broken into 3.
- You need of A few good pinches of sea salt flakes.
Chicken soup recipes There's not a lot more comforting than a bowl of homemade chicken soup – our collection of chicken soup recipes includes everything from restorative broths to spicy laksas. Gradually pour in the stock and the milk, stirring every few minutes and allow to come to the boil. Pour the soup into a food processor or blender in batches and puree until smooth. Heat the butter in a saucepan.
Chicken Soup instructions
- After roasting the chicken, remove any leftover meat and reserve in a tuppaware box in the fridge..
- Put carcass and any skin into a medium large pot and cover with water..
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours. Top up the water whenever it evaporates too much..
- Turn off heat and allow to cool..
- Pass stock through a muslin or tea towel tucked into a sieve into a large enough lidded container (you want to have about a quart of stock, maybe a little more).
- Refridgerate overnight, if possible..
- When ready to make the soup, make your bouquet garni….
- Take the lid off the stock and skim off any fat from the top..
- Pour stock into a large pot..
- Peel and slice carrots and add to the pot..
- Add the bouquet garni..
- Bring the pot to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes..
- Remove the bouquet garni. Melt the stock pot into tge broth, if using..
- Add the linguine and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Add the chicken, season to taste with salt, then serve in bowl. It will be very hot, so maybe let cool a little before eating..
Add the leeks, celery and garlic. Sauté very gently for several minutes, making sure nothing takes on any colour, until the leeks are translucent and soft. Pour in the chicken stock and the milk. You'll need chicken, carrots, onion, celery, sweet potato, zucchini, fresh garlic, salt and, of course, water. Peel the carrots, sweet potato and onion.