Pineapple upside down cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Weekend Bakes To Celebration Cakes- Gorgeous Cakes For All Occasions.
Pour into the bottom of the cake tin. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in lightly and evenly with a metal spoon. Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. You can have Pineapple upside down cake using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple upside down cake
- You need 1/4 cups of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar light.
- Prepare 1 can of pineapple slice,juice drained.
- You need 9-10 of maraschino cherries.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 of tsps baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs large.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Or, see our sticky pineapple upside-down pud, which uses wedges of this tropical treat. And see our tips for how to use up any leftovers. This pineapple upside-down cake recipe is a retro baking classic. The light and fluffy sponge is topped with juicy pineapple slices and glacé cherries for a traditional weekend bake – serve warm with custard for dessert.
Pineapple upside down cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F..
- Take a 9" nonstick cake pan. Add 1/4 cup melted butter and brown sugar.Mix well..
- Arrange the pineapple slices on the above mixture..
- Place the cherries in the center of pineapple slices..
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour,baking powder and salt..
- In another large bowl cream together room temp butter with sugar..
- Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time..
- Stir in vanilla extract and pineapple juice..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine well using a hand mixer..
- Gently pour this cake batter over the pineapple slices and cherries..
- Bake the cake for about 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Once out of the oven, immediately run a knife along the sides of the cake..
- Place a serving plate upside down onto pan and turn the plate and pan over..
- Leave the pan on top of the cake for about 5 min until all sugar syrup drizzle down the cake..
- Now remove the pan and cool cake for half an hour..
- Serve warm or cold..
I tried the pineapple upside down cake today for the first time and it was a triumph – delicious! Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave your pineapple upside-down cake to COOL DOWN. If you attempt to flip it while still warm, it will very likely fall apart. Lift the cake out of the tin using the overhanging liner – I use these reusable cake liners which are sturdy and allow you to lift a large cake in one piece.