Beef Barbacoa Tacos. Put the beef on a plate, then tip the marinade into an ovenproof casserole, along with any bits that have stuck to the bowl. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Pour a drizzle of oil into a casserole dish and fry the beef in batches until evenly browned on all sides.
Sear the beef, in batches if necessary, on all sides, until browned. Transfer the seared meat to a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine the chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, salt, pepper, beef broth, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice. You can have Beef Barbacoa Tacos using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- It’s 3 of Dried Chile Peppers.
- It’s 3 of Hot peppers.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth, divided.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil divided.
- You need 1 can of chipotle chiles packed in oregano.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of adobo.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 pound of short ribs.
- Prepare 3 lb of top sirloin roast.
- It’s 10 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare of Taco fixin's (ie. shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and onions, cilantro, sour cream).
Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the skillet, pressing it. Ultra-juicy Mexican pulled beef, tossed in a chipotle-spiced sauce! With a unique subtly spiced, tangy flavour, use this Beef Barbacoa for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, taquitos – the possibilities are endless. This is a slow cooker version that's simple to put together.
Beef Barbacoa Tacos instructions
- Toast chiles in your sauce pan at medium high heat. You want to get a little char on them..
- Add 2 cups of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside..
- While the chile broth is simmering add 1 tbsp oil to a cast iron dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and onions. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes..
- Add 1 cup water, cumin, chiles packed in adobo, fish sauce, adobo and oregano. Cook until fragrant (about 1 minutes).
- Add the remaining chicken broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour chiles and broth mix into a blender..
- Add the other half you had been working on in the dutch oven to the blender. Blend until you have a mixed consistency. Set aside..
- Season all the meat with salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp oil to dutch over over medium high heat. When hot, brown the short ribs over medium high heat. Preheat oven to 275F..
- Add mixture from the blender and two bay leaves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low..
- Throw your roast into the mix. Cover loosely and cook in the preheated oven for about 3-4 hours. Or until meat is fork tender..
- Remove the roast and short ribs from the sauce.
- The meat from the short ribs can be salvaged (this is the best part!) Discard the bay leaves..
- Meat can be shredded for serving on the spot. Alternatively, if you have the patience, the meat will develop great flavor if you store it with the sauce in the refrigerator over night. I will keep for up to five days..
- When you're ready to eat, shred the meat with a fork. Serve with corn tortillas and your favorite taco toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, cilantro, avocado, sour cream)..
How to Make Homemade Barbacoa Tacos Season the beef with salt and pepper. Barbacoa is a traditional Mexican style of meat that can be made with beef, lamb, goat, or pork. This barbacoa recipe is made with beef short ribs which are slowly simmered in a crockpot with herbs and spices creating a tender, flavorful meat that is perfect for tacos, burritos, nachos, or even on its own. Once your beef is seared on all sides, transfer (if necessary) to the slow cooker or crock pot and pour over your broth mixture. Top the beef with your chopped onion and cover.