Pineapple Upside down cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Weekend Bakes To Celebration Cakes- Gorgeous Cakes For All Occasions.
Pour into the bottom of the cake tin. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in lightly and evenly with a metal spoon. Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, butter, caster sugar and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. You can cook Pineapple Upside down cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside down cake
- Prepare of Cooking spray can.
- It’s of cups of cake flour.
- It’s of cup of butter 1/2 cup melted.
- Prepare of cup of sugar.
- It’s of large eggs.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of whole butter milk.
- You need of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare of (20oz.) Can pineapple slices (2Tlbs.).
- Prepare of (10oz.)Jar of maraschino cherries.
- It’s of chopped pecans.
- You need of Frosting – 1/2 pound butter , softened.
- Prepare of Pineapple juice.
- It’s of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare of Beat all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined for frosting.
Or, see our sticky pineapple upside-down pud, which uses wedges of this tropical treat. And see our tips for how to use up any leftovers. This pineapple upside-down cake recipe is a retro baking classic. The light and fluffy sponge is topped with juicy pineapple slices and glacé cherries for a traditional weekend bake – serve warm with custard for dessert.
Pineapple Upside down cake step by step
- Preheat oven 350° , spray 2 (9inch) pans , or round pan with cooking spray & coat with flour in a large bowl, beat 1 cup of butter at medium speed with mixer gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy, add the eggs one at a time ..
- Stir in vanilla then set aside , note make sure dry mix and wet mix are made separate first* In a small bowl add 3 cups of flour baking powder and salt . Stir to combine, add flour mix into the egg mixture alternate with buttermilk , beginning and ending with flour mixture..
- Divide brown sugar evenly into each pan , pour melted butter over the brown sugar into each pan.
- Pour equals amount of batter over the fruit until a toothpick comes up clean. Cook for about 40-45 min, let cool for 10 min.
I tried the pineapple upside down cake today for the first time and it was a triumph – delicious! Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave your pineapple upside-down cake to COOL DOWN. If you attempt to flip it while still warm, it will very likely fall apart. Lift the cake out of the tin using the overhanging liner – I use these reusable cake liners which are sturdy and allow you to lift a large cake in one piece.