Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Roasted Poblano Chicken Stew This creamy, fragrant stew is a blend of mild poblano chilies, charred onions, garlic and herbs and combined with poached chicken breast. Roasting poblanos and charring onions and garlic brings out their flavor and sweetness while adding a bit of smoky flavor.
Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to pick them up. In a skillet (medium high heat) with a tiny bit of butter or oil, sweat the onions and peppers. Add chicken and half the chili power and garlic powder. You can cook Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce
- It’s 5 of Poblano Peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded Chicken:.
- You need 2 of Large Chicken Breast, boneless skinless.
- Prepare 1 Cup of White Rice cooked.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Queso Fresco shredded.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of Can of Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Clove minced.
- You need 1 tsp of Adobo Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chipotle Seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- You need of Queso Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Queso Fresco.
- It’s 2 Slices of Havarti cheese.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of Paprika.
Blot the chicken dry, massage with the remaining teaspoon of oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil. Melt butter in skillet and brown the chicken (do not cook all the way thru because you are still going to put it in the oven). In a saute pan, melt butter and saute onion and poblano peppers till soft.
Roasted Poblano Peppers with Chicken & Queso Cheese Sauce instructions
- Chicken: Season chicken with Adobo, Chipotle and Salt. Sear until brown in olive oil. Stir diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt in small stock pot. Add chicken. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Shred chicken and return to liquid. Cook on medium, stirring regularly until majority of liquid has reduced. About 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Add rice and shredded queso. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator..
- Roasted Poblano: in smoker/grill allow lump charcoal to get white-grey. Place Poblanos directly on coals and turn frequently until blackened blisters form all over Pepper..
- Place peppers in large bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap for 10 minutes..
- Use a paper towel to brush off charred skin. Cut peppers in half lengthwise in, brush away seeds and remove stem. Lay flat and chill in refrigerator..
- Queso Sauce: melt butter until bubbling then add flour and whisk into golden smooth paste. Add milk and whipping cream and continue stirring until thickened. Add cheeses and whisk until silly smooth..
- Stuffed Poblanos: arrange pepper halves on baking sheet. Top each with evenly spread chicken mixture. Roast at 300° for approximately 30 minutes or until hot..
- Drizzle queso Sauce over each pepper and serve..
Here's an overview of the steps: You start by cooking tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices in olive oil. Next, you remove the pan from the heat and mix in cooked shredded chicken and mozzarella. Now, stuff the tasty chicken mixture into the poblanos and bake them in a broiler-safe pan. Wash the poblano peppers and place them on a baking sheet. You want to see the skin blacken and start to bubble.