Slow cooked beef rib with a shallot and lemonade dripping. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Award-winning Meat As Chosen By Michelin-Star Chefs, Delivered To Your Door. Great recipe for Slow cooked beef rib with a shallot and lemonade dripping. Another recipe with my new slow cooker!
In a large pan, add a drop of olive oil and brown the ribs on all sides then transfer to the slow cooker. Using the same pan, saute the onions and garlic until soft. Use a spatula and stir everything, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan to get all the beef residue off. You can cook Slow cooked beef rib with a shallot and lemonade dripping using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooked beef rib with a shallot and lemonade dripping
- You need 1 of beef rib.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cajun rub.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 100 ml of lemonade.
- It’s 100 ml of beef stock.
- It’s of 3 shallots.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of bbq sauce.
Heat the beef dripping in the oven until it's shimmering. Add the par-boiled potatoes to the beef fat, mix well, drizzle over the maple syrup and mix again. When the beef is cooked transfer to a platter, loosely cover with foil and keep warm. Retain the contents of the roasting tin for the gravy.
Slow cooked beef rib with a shallot and lemonade dripping step by step
- Rub down the rib with the Cajun seasoning, oregano and salt and pepper. Leave in the fridge overnight (or you can freeze after adding the rub for another time if it’s not been frozen before).
- Slice the shallots and garlic and place in the slow cooker with the beef.
- Add the stock and lemonade to the slow cooker and cook on high for 4+ hrs.
- Once the meat has come away from the bone it’s ready.
- Remove the rib and brush on a glaze of bbq sauce. Put in the oven at 200c for 10mins.
- Retain the stock. Skim off the fat, then reduce in a pan. Add a little BBQ sauce to thicken the dripping..
- Serve with winter slaw and sweet potato mash. Pour the reduced beef dripping over the top. 😋.
Retain the contents of the roasting tin for the gravy. Slow cooked roasts are all the rage at the moment. Everyone form Neil Perry to Heston Blumenthal has a recipe for one. This results in a perfect medium rare roast that is pink all the way through to the edges. Place the carrots in a large roasting tray and sit the beef on top of them.