Spanish Rice (My moms recipe). Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. My mom is famous for her Spanish rice recipe, the ultimate comfort food. When I want a taste of home, I whip up this dish.
Immediately, and in a separate pot, prepare your rice according to the package. Brown ground beef, break it up as it browns. When the ground beef is taking on colour add in the diced onion and salt and pepper. You can cook Spanish Rice (My moms recipe) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish Rice (My moms recipe)
- You need 2 lb of hamburg.
- It’s 1 of butter, I use roughly 2 large soup spoons. enough to melt in pan to satue rice and onion.
- It’s 2 cup of uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- It’s 56 oz of crushed tomatoes (2-28 oz cans).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to your liking.
I've almost got mine to taste as good as hers but there's just something about hers that will always taste just a little better than mine! With her permission. of course, I'm going to share with you all her recipe. I know this isn't a full meal but its the perfect side dish to several main. Instructions In a medium pan, heat canola oil.
Spanish Rice (My moms recipe) step by step
- Brown hamburger, drain grease..
- Saute onion and rice in butter over Meduim heat. Be careful not to burn rice..
- Add hamburger to rice and onion.
- Add crushed tomatoes. I also fill each 28 oz empty can with water and add. This will cook your rice..
- Bring to slow simmer, stir often so rice does not stick. I usually cook it for a hour. You may need to add additional water while cooking..
- Salt and pepper to your liking..
Pour in water and tomato sauce and stir to combine. Stir constantly to brown the rice evenly. Add the diced tomato and cook slightly. Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat. Add rice and cook until golden brown.