Simple Sandwich Bread. With step-by-step pictures, a full video tutorial, and plenty of helpful tips, learn how to make simple white sandwich bread using a few baking ingredients like flour, water, yeast, salt, and milk. Bread flour promises a super soft interior with an extra chewy crust. Kneading dough is how you activate the gluten in the flour to make the dough smooth and elastic.
Using a sharp knife, slash the dough a few times and place into the oven immediately. We all have our preferences: white and squishy, hearty whole grain, or crusty baguette. And once you get into the groove and have a bit of practice, it's quite simple to make. You can cook Simple Sandwich Bread using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Sandwich Bread
- You need of This is the same as Recipe ID: 906204 "Simple sandwich bread.".
- It’s of Bread flour.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Margarine (or butter).
- You need of Dry yeast.
- It’s of Water (If it's winter use lukewarm water. If it's summer use cold water.).
- Prepare of If you use a bread machine (set to soft course):.
- You need of Bread flour.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Margarine (or butter).
- Prepare of Dry yeast.
- Prepare of Water (If it's winter use lukewarm water. If it's summer use cold water.).
In our house, I usually double or even triple the recipe and freeze extra loaves that will last us a few weeks. Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. It's a simple combination of water, yeast and honey, mixed with all purpose flour and salt, made into basic loaves and baked to crispy crust perfection! Slice it up like normal bread then use it for anything and everything you ordinarily use sandwich bread for.
Simple Sandwich Bread instructions
- Put all of the ingredients into your bread machine and let it run till the first rising has been completed. Once done, take out the dough..
- Divide the dough into 3 portions..
- Form each of them into balls with the seams facing down and let them sit for 15 minutes under a protective cover, like in a plastic wrap-sealed bowl or under a tightly wrung damp kitchen towel..
- Take a bread mold and grease the inside with butter or margarine..
- Take the dough out one by one..
- Face the seam upward..
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough till it looks like this..
- Fold in the sides just like how the picture shows..
- Once you have completed Step 8, do the same for the top and bottom, folding them in..
- Once you've done Step 9, fold the dough into itself, so that it doesn't unravel..
- With the seam facing down, place them into the bread mold..
- Place the portions of dough first on both sides of the mold, before fitting in the center portion (This is to make the center of the bread the highest and fluffiest)..
- Let the dough rise a second time for 30-40 minutes at 113℉ (45℃)..
- Once the dough is about 8-9 times larger than it was previously, it's done rising..
- Next, bake for 28-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350℉ (180℃)..
- This is the version of the bread where I formed the dough into 3 portions but then baked them all together without really shaping the balls..
- In this version, I divided the dough into 2 portions and baked them in oval-shaped wooden molds..
- Here's how it'll look if your bread machine were to make it..
Or an epic Pastrami or Reuben sandwich. Grilled cheese – or cheesy GARLIC bread. Toast it and slather with jam, Vegemite, peanut butter or whatever you heart desires. You can even make French Toast or Bread and Butter pudding! This lightly sweetened easy-bake bread is a great way to use up any seeds, nuts or flavourings.