Quinoa stuffed peppers. Delicious & Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Made With Ground Beef, Rice, & Italian Seasoning. Stuff Ground Beef In Bell Peppers With Onions And Rice To Make A Delicious Weeknight Meal. Fill bell peppers with quinoa-vegetable mixture.
Spoon quinoa mixture into roasted red peppers and top with Mexican cheese blend. Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa Quinoa adds crunch, corn lends sweetness and color, and red pepper flakes ratchet up the heat in these tender stuffed peppers. Whole wheat rolls or breadsticks and a pitcher of iced tea make for a standout supper. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota Fill the pepper halves with the quinoa and vegetable stuffing and drizzle with EVOO. You can cook Quinoa stuffed peppers using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quinoa stuffed peppers
- It’s 3 of medium peppers.
- Prepare 1 of quinoa pouch (mine had chickpeas and rice in it too) – cooked according to packet instructions.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chipotle chilli paste.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion finely chopsd.
- You need 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of large flat mushroom (optional) finely chopped.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese to serve.
Cool and chill for a make-ahead meal. Generously stuff halved peppers with quinoa mixture until all peppers are full, then cover the dish with foil. Cover the stuffed peppers with foil. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
Quinoa stuffed peppers step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the top off the peppers, de-seed and set aside. Finely chop the off cuts of the pepper..
- Heat a tbsp olive in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry until soft. Then add The garlic, finely chopped mushrooms and pepper off cuts until soft..
- Add the chipotle chilli paste and fry for 1 minute. Then add your quinoa. Stir everything together and remove from the heat..
- Stuff the peppers with the quinoa mix. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the oven and grate over some Parmesan cheese. Serve with a salad..
- Tip: instead of baking in the oven, we bbq’d them over an indirect heat for 20 minutes to get a nice charred flavour..
Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity. While the peppers are baking, begin cooking the quinoa. Add olive oil to a medium-sized pot or dutch oven with a lid. For the quinoa: Over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. As the broth is coming to boil, add the quinoa, then stir and cover.