Pumpkin Cake Loaf. Food you never knew you wanted. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl. Mix in the pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and butter until well blended.
Then I whisked in the self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices. I used cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger and nutmeg. This spiced pumpkin loaf cake is an easy pumpkin bread recipe to make with canned pumpkin, flavoured with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, yielding a perfect moist pumpkin bread for fall baking. You can have Pumpkin Cake Loaf using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Cake Loaf
- You need of Bread/Cake.
- You need of white or yellow cake mix.
- You need of (15 oz.) pumpkin.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare of sour cream (optional).
- Prepare of chocolate chips or nuts, chopped (optional).
- It’s of Icing glaze.
- It’s of powdered/confectioners sugar.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
It's made with canola oil but you can use butter instead. Feel free to add dried cranberries to this recipe. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt and sugar. Gently mix them all together until well combined.
Pumpkin Cake Loaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray and/or flour a 5 x 9" pan.
- Mix all the ingredients for the bread in a bowl and then pour the batter into your prepared pan..
- Bake for 60 minutes, and is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool almost completely before spreading glaze..
- For glaze, cream the butter with the powdered sugar then add milk and vanilla extract and spread glaze on top..
Then place the bowl to one side. This Pumpkin Cake is a really simple cake batter, mixed up in just a few minutes with either an electric whisk or by hand. You simply mix all of the wet ingredients together, and then combine with the dry, easy! Pop it all into a greased and lined loaf tin, and bake until firm and cooked through. Whilst the cake is cooling make your lemon icing.