Best Mexican Rice. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. This rice was so well-liked by my friends that we all agreed that it was the best mexican rice we'd ever had. I still used the same amount of water and it worked out perfectly.
Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. This Mexican rice is cooked with onion powder, garlic powder, and tomato sauce for an easy side dish. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, or fresh tomato to the rice before simmering for extra flavor and color, according to your family's taste. You can cook Best Mexican Rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Mexican Rice
- You need 1 cup of white rice.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce (or i prefer to use tomato bullion cube).
- It’s 1 tsp of chicken bullion (or half a cube).
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chop cilantro.
- You need 2 cup of water.
Use chicken stock in place of water for even more savory flavor. With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, I thought it was time for the best Mexican Rice recipe!. Oh Mexican Rice, how do I love thee?! Just like Pico de Gallo , Homemade Salsa, Salsa Verde and Guacamole are Mexican staples served with every meal, Mexican Rice can be found – or should be found – in a bed alongside all your Burritos, Carnitas, Fajitas, Enchiladas and.
Best Mexican Rice instructions
- Melt butter in medium skillet, add rice and saute about 7 min..
- Pour in water, half of cilantro, half of can tomato sauce (or 1 bullion cube) and chicken bullion. bring water to boil and fully dissolve bullion..
- When water is boiling, cover and reduce heat. simmer 15-20 min, until water is fully absorbed. DO NOT REMOVE COVER DURING 15-20 min, the rice will come out crunchy..
- Sprinkle remaining cilantro over rice. Serve and enjoy!.
This recipe calls for long grain white rice, which is the best for an Authentic Mexican Rice recipe. However, I have used Jasmine Rice in its place and it comes out fine. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water.