Jerk chicken (my way). Free Delivery No Minimum Order & Same Day Dispatch Fees & T&Cs apply. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo. Jerk chicken is delicious when roasted and served with rice and peas, or barbecued as kebabs.
Carefully cut slits in the chicken meat, without cutting all the way through. Put the chicken into the jerk mixture and use your hands or a spoon to move the chicken around so that it is coated in the seasoning. Spoon the chicken and all the. You can cook Jerk chicken (my way) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jerk chicken (my way)
- It’s of tomato sauce.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of hot salsa.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s of parsley.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of onion.
- You need of bell peppers.
- You need of tomatoes.
- You need of ginger.
- You need of curry.
- Prepare of lime.
- Prepare of pineaplle.
- It’s of carrot.
- You need of chili peppers (without seeds).
- It’s of brown sugar.
- Prepare of basil.
- You need of lime pepper.
- You need of chicken leg's meat.
- It’s of rice.
- You need of sour cream.
When cooking Jerk Chicken, the process starts by preparing a jerk rub from spices. My jerk rub is made by blending together the spices to form a wet paste. This paste is then rubbed onto the chicken which is then set aside to marinate before cooking. Traditionally, jerk chicken is cooked or grilled on an outdoor fire using pimento wood.
Jerk chicken (my way) step by step
- Peel and square pineapple and lime, set aside 100 grams..
- Thinly slice the vegetables, herbs and ginger..
- Preheat water in a large pot, add the rice and let it cook for half an hour..
- Cut the meat into slices.
- Now preheat a large pan. Then stir in tomato sauce, water, herbs and all seasonings except sugar. Keep on stirring..
- Stir in all the vegetable slices, lime and pinapple squares, and sugar. Mix.
- Preheat another pan, add some olive oil. As sone as the oil starts to blister, add the meat. It should be sautéd for 4 minutes each side with salt and pepper..
- When the meat is ready, put it into the other pan and let cook for a few minutes.
- Now the rice should be done. Serve everything with some sour cream..
Jerk's distinctive seasoning – hot peppers, sweet allspice berries, thyme and ginger – however, is credited to the African slaves brought to the island by its Spanish and British colonisers, who. A creative way to use it is to take pizza crusts or naan, use a little jerk sauce (basically a thickened marinade) as a base, and top with jerk chicken, cheese, fajita veggies, and then bake it. Then add avocados to finish it off. There's a lot you can do with jerk chicken. It's not just limited to traditional dishes.