Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce. Find Everything You Need for Home & Garden. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! eBay Is Here For You with Money Back Guarantee and Easy Return. Get Your Bbq Sauce Recipes Today!
See recipes for Smoked Brisket w/ Phil's Easy BBQ Sauce too. A good, rich barbecue sauce adds flavor to smoked brisket whether it is sliced to chopped, but the most important benefit is the moisture it adds. Barbecue brisket can dry out quickly, either in the smoker or more likely once it is cut up for serving. You can cook Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce
- It’s of Mop Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Famous Dave’s Rich and Sassy BBQ Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of Dry Rub.
- You need 2 tablespoons of coarse kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coarse black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- You need of Meat.
- You need 7.3 pound of flat brisket.
- Prepare of Grill.
- It’s of Mesquite pellets.
To prevent the meat from getting too dry, you want to add a little sauce. In a small bowl, combine the garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, brown sugar and smoked paprika and generously massage it over all sides of the brisket. Set the meat out and allow it to come to room temperature. Using a pastry brush, paint the brisket all over with the mustard and rub well with the spice mix.
Smoked Brisket w/ Phil’s Easy BBQ Sauce step by step
- Mix all of the mop sauce ingredients together and store overnight in the refrigerator..
- Meat should be thawed completely before putting in the refrigerator overnight..
- Allow meat to sit out at room temperature, uncovered/wrapped for 30 minutes..
- Trim the flat, trying to leave about 1/4” thick of fat wherever possible..
- Preheat the grill to 180 degrees..
- Mix the dry rub ingredients together and rub it over every part of the brisket..
- Once the grill is preheated, put a probe in the thickest part of the brisket and place the brisket on the grill, fat side up. Cook for 2 hours..
- After cooking for 2 hours, turn the heat up to 275 degrees. Flip the brisket over, fat side down, and place in an aluminum pan. While the grill is warming up, brush the mop sauce over every visible part of the brisket..
- Cook for about 5 hours (until the probe reaches 190 degrees). Every hour, reapply the mop sauce as done previously..
- When the probe reaches 190 degrees, take the brisket off the grill and allow the meat to rest for at least 15 minutes..
- Cut the brisket against the grain into slices about 1/4” thick..
In a large roasting tin, mix the beef stock and ½ the barbecue sauce. The beef can be prepared the night before – just leave it to cool in the tin covered with foil, but don't refrigerate. It's so easy and so delicious. Make this amazing brisket sauce to cook with our BBQ beef brisket recipe. Or use it for any of your BBQ recipes!