Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little. In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together.
Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk. Add half of the flour mixture to the batter, and. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. You can cook Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s of Zest from 1 large lemon.
- You need 1 cup of sugar (set aside 1 tablespoon for sprinkling).
- It’s 1 of egg, room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour (set aside 1/4 cup of this to toss with the blueberries).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 cups of fresh blueberries, picked over.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk, see recipe below.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the buttermilk and stir well. Add the remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake instructions
- How to Make Buttermilk from Scratch: Scale this recipe up as needed. Place 2 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Fill cup with milk (2% or whole is best) until it reaches the 1/2-cup line. Let stand for five minutes. Use as directed..
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, cream the butter with the lemon zest and the 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon of sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt..
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter, and stir with spatula to incorporate. Add all of the buttermilk. Stir. Add remaining flour, and stir until flour is absorbed. Fold in the blueberries. (Leave excess flour from the blueberry bowl behind.).
- Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. If you have parchment paper on hand, line the pan with parchment on top of the butter. Spread the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes — a 9-inch pan will be done in closer to 35 minutes; an 8-inch pan usually needs 40 to 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes. (Note: Baking for as long as 10 m.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.