Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Free Delivery No Minimum Order & Same Day Dispatch Check Out Jamaican Jerk Chicken On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Coat the chicken, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours, but preferably overnight.
Combine the onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, sesame oil, garlic, allspice and habanero in the container of a food processor or blender. Jerk chicken is a classic Jamaican dish enjoyed by many people, yardies, and foreigners alike. This authentic Jamaican recipe is easy to make loaded with flavors and even a secret ingredient. You can have Jamaican Jerk Chicken using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- It’s 1 of small yellow or white onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 of scallions.
- You need 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- It’s 4 of large garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 2 of habaneros or scotch bonnet chile stem seeded.
- You need 2 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 3 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground all spice.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground or fresh nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 inch of fresh ginger.
- It’s 5 lbs of chicken breast, drumsticks, thighs about.
I have included a link to my tasty homemade marinade seasoning. You will stand out with this recipe, guaranteed to be delicious. Jerk chicken is synonymously tied to Jamaican cuisine, just as the hamburger is tied to American cuisine. It is probably the most recognized dish that has come out of Jamaica.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken instructions
- Blend all ingredients in blender till smooth.
- Marinade chicken over night. It must be marinaded over night to get all the good flavors going..
- Before grilling make sure chicken comes to room temp so they cook evenly..
- Make sure the fire is not too hot and coles are grayish because chicken may burn easly due to spices. Grill about 3 to 4 minutes each side babysitting so it wont burn..
- After getting a good char on the chicken move to indirect heat and cover the grill for about 30 to 40 minutes..
- Internal temp for bone in chicken 165.
It is by far the most requested dish by tourists when they visit Jamaica. Jerk chicken is a traditional Jamaican recipe which consists in chicken marinated in a spicy blend for a few hours and then grilled on a BBQ. Jerk is a style of cooking that is associated with Jamaica wherein they wet marinate the meat with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice. The meat is then grilled until perfectly cooked. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.