Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella. Make cuts along the bones of the chicken drumettes. Cut the thigh/breast meat into bite-sized pieces, and sprinkle with a little salt. Peel the tomato and cut into cubes.
Remove the meat from the pan, allow it to cool and pack it into a container. Stir together lemon rind, juice, and saffron in a small bowl; set aside. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. You can cook Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella
- Prepare 6 of Chicken drumettes/drumsticks.
- It’s 150 grams of Chicken thigh or breast.
- You need 1 of Onion (medium).
- You need 2 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Tomatoes (large).
- It’s 1 of Green pepper.
- You need 700 grams of White rice.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon.
- It’s 500 ml of ●Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of or more ●Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 dash of ●Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of ●Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ●Paprika powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ●Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Herb salt.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
Combine mustard, lemon juice, and oregano in a large bowl. Remove pan from oven, and carefully add hot chicken to mustard. Place drumettes into pan and sprinkle with Salt,pepper and onion powder. Meanwhile in a small saucepan mix brown sugar,dry mustard, Marsala,soy sauce and minced garlic.
Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella step by step
- Make cuts along the bones of the chicken drumettes. Cut the thigh/breast meat into bite-sized pieces, and sprinkle with a little salt. Peel the tomato and cut into cubes..
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Coat a frying pan with a little oil, fry the chicken, and set aside on a plate..
- Add the olive oil in the frying pan, and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Sauté the onion, and when it has wilted, add the rice and stir-fry..
- When the rice has become translucent, add the tomato, and quickly stir-fry. Add the ● ingredients. Simmer until it comes to a boil while stirring (medium heat)..
- When it has come to a boil, turn the heat to low, and add the chicken on top. Cover with a lid, and cook for 18-20 minutes over low heat..
- Turn off the heat, and add the green peppers on top. Cover with the lid, and steam for 10 minutes. Sprinkle herb salt and black pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over the paella and enjoy..
- Check the rice if it's done or not, and add water if it's too firm. The cooking time varies depending on how you cooked it or how tightly sealed the frying pan was..
- Cook to your desired firmness and taste, checking from time to time. The authentic way is to cook the rice al dente..
- If you use seafood, stir-fry first, and set aside on a plate. Add the stir-fried seafood on top of the paella when you steam the rice. If you cook the seafood together with rice, it will be too firm..
- You can cook the paella in a rice cooker after stir-frying the rice. Add water up to the 2 cup mark. Add the green pepper later..
- Paella in a Rice Cooker- Please refer to this recipe..
Bring to boil over medium heat than turn down to simmer while drumettes cook. This is a no-seafood paella, flavored completely with chicken and smoked sausage. The recipe uses chicken thighs, which can be browned (as dictated by the recipe) to draw out the deliciousness from the skin, or cooked within the paella mixture for a lighter flavor. Either way, a super delicious dish made quickly in a pressure cooker. See recipes for Seafood and chicken paella, chicken paella too.