Mexican rice. Search for Mexican Rice Faster & Better Here at Allsearchsite. Serve with a dollop of sour cream. Arroz Rojo (Mexican Red Rice) Mexican rice is a perfect side dish for your next meal.
These flavors should not be expected to be in the rice. I'd say this is a darn good recipe for anyone wanting to make homemade Mexican rice! In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. You can have Mexican rice using 33 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican rice
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Oregano.
- It’s as per taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 4 of medium sized Tomato, puree.
- You need 1 of big size Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of Green Chillies, Chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Coriander leaves with tender stem, chopped.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Wheat dough.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Prepared mexican masala.
- It’s as needed of oil for shallow frying.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Corn kernels, blanched.
- You need 1/4 cup of Carrot, peeled, chopped.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Capsicum, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Green Chilli, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Kidney beans, boiled.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Black Eyed Beans, boiled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomato puree.
- You need 3 tbsp of Prepared mexican masala.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked Rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato, chopped.
- You need as per taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- It’s As required of fried Nachos, crushed.
- You need Few of Cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Coriander.
Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Stir in broth, pureed mixture,tomato paste, and salt. Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
Mexican rice step by step
- For Mexican masala, In a pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds and dry roast them well. * Transfer it into a plate, add oregano and transfer this mixture into the grinder jar, add salt to taste and grind it into fine powder. * Transfer this into a bowl, add red chilli powder, mix it well and keep it aside for future use..
- For Salsa, In a grinder jar, add tomatoes and grind into a smooth puree. * Transfer half of the puree into the bowl and keep half for future use. * Add chopped onion, green chilli, coriander leaves with stem, salt to taste and lemon juice mix it well..
- For Nachos, In a bowl, take wheat dough, add corn flour, prepare mexican masala and knead it well. * Roll it with a rolling pin in round shape. * Heat a pan, roast the nachos on medium heat and cut it into small triangle shapes. * Heat oil in a deep pan, fry the nachos until crisp and golden in color. * Remove it on a absorbent paper..
- For mexican rice, Heat oil in a kadai, add chopped garlic, onion and saute well. * Add corn kernels, carrot, capsicum, green chilli and saute well. * Add boiled kidney beans, black eyed beans and saute for 2 minutes. Keep the vegetables chunky. * Add remaining tomato puree and prepare mexican masala and mix well. * Add cooked rice and mix everything well..
- At the end add chopped tomato, salt to taste and coriander leaves and toss it well. * Garnish it with some salsa on top, fried crushed nachos and grated cheese on top with coriander sprig..
Stir in cilantro, minced jalapeno to taste, and pass lime wedges separately. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. This is a variation of Mexican Rice.