Apple Cake Recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Apple cake recipes; This competition is now closed. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more.
This cake is moist and creamy. At the same time, you can taste and smell of almond and apple too. A light loaf cake recipe, perfect with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoons. You can cook Apple Cake Recipe using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Cake Recipe
- It’s of apples.
- It’s of + 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of medium eggs.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of lemon zest.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of Sugar glaze.
- Prepare of icing sugar.
- It’s of milk.
Coat the apple wedges in the lemon juice and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar, using an electric hand mixer, until pale and fluffy. Transfer the batter to the cake. This apple & walnut cake is made from an all-in-one recipe, so you can have it on the table in just over an hour if you need something quick but impressive for an impromptu visit.
Apple Cake Recipe instructions
- Gather your ingredients; to avoid leaving out any during the process, then prepare your cake pan by oiling and flouring it.
- Preheat your pot on the stove top (if using oven, set the temperature at 180°C or 350°F)..
- Peel the apple, remove the core then go on to cut into cube depending on the size you want, then sprinkle with 2 tablespoon of flour and mix to avoid it sinking to the bottom of the batter..
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) in a bowl and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- In another bowl, break in the eggs, add the sugar and whisk till it dissolves. Add the oil, the vanilla and the lemon zest and mix well..
- Fold in the flour, alternating with between the flour and the milk (first, half part of the flour, then the milk and lastly the remaining part of the flour). Then fold in the apple..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, tap gently on the table to dispel any airpockets. Place in the preheated pot (oven) and bake for 35 minutes on a medium heat..
- The cake is done when a fork or toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, run a knife along the edges, remove and Place on a cooling rack to cool completely..
- Sugar glaze: Mix the icing sugar with the milk and sprinkle on top of the cake. Cut yourself a slice and enjoy..
The rich treacle icing is the final flourish, but if you prefer something a little lighter, try using golden syrup instead. Fruit and nut is a classic combination and you'll keep coming back to this one. Sieve the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Cut up the cooking apples into small pieces and add them to the dry. Whisk egg and milk (or cream if.