Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge). Make Chicken & Yellow Rice With Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese For A Delicious Family Meal. Pour the chicken broth into the pot. Add the sweet rice and stir.
Arroz Caldo is a Filipino version of rice porridge or congee, made with glutinous or sticky rice and flavored with ginger and other spices. The main difference of Arroz Caldo from other Filipino rice porridge, like Goto or Lugaw, is that it uses chicken meat and sometimes chicken liver and hard-boiled egg. Arroz Caldo is a delicious Filipino chicken porridge made by cooking rice in chicken stock until it's thick and creamy. You can cook Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge)
- Prepare 1 cup of Glutinous rice.
- You need 1 cup of Jasmine rice.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of Cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 of Chicken (cut parts to your liking).
- Prepare 1 pc. of Ginger (Julienne cuts).
- Prepare 6 cloves of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 of medium size Onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Salt + Black pepper.
- It’s 5 cups of Water.
- Prepare 3 Tbsps of Safflower/Kasubha.
- You need 1/2 bundle of Lemongrass.
- It’s 1 Tbsps of Crushed Crunchy Garlic Toppings (garnish) per serving.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Spring onions (garnish) per serving.
Redolent of ginger, and served with a sunny array of condiments such as Calamansi, boiled eggs, and crisp garlic, this classic comfort food is the perfect way to brighten up a dreary day, while warming you up from the inside out. Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) Lorale Laguna, Central Visayas, Philippines Arroz Caldo literally means hot rice or rice soup/broth/stew. It's a dish that is historically presented as a combination from the Spanish and Chinese influences. Chicken arroz caldo is a type of Filipino rice porridge with chicken slices.
Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) instructions
- Combine glutinous and jasmine rice together, then add water to submerge and mix rice combination entirely. Soak for 3-5hrs..
- Chop the half chicken into small parts, then wash thoroughly before setting aside..
- Place your cooking pot onto your stove, set in medium heat. Start sautéing ginger, garlic, and onion..
- Add chicken parts, mix well. Add in the rice combination. Stir. Let simmer 5-8mins. Add salt and black pepper..
- Add in water. Stir well until rice is nice and soft (not too mushy). Add more hot water if porridge is too thick. Add Safflower (it’ll give a yellowish colour) then stir then add lemongrass, and let simmer for 3-5mins.. Once well cooked. Taste. Add salt/black pepper if necessary..
- Pour into a bowl. Garnish with crunchy minced garlic and spring onions. Adding a boiled egg per serving is optional but always serve this dish while it hot and fresh from the pot!.
- Share and enjoy! 💟.
It is best served when topped with hard boiled eggs, some chopped scallions, and toasted or roasted garlic. I personally like to squeeze a piece of calamansi or lime over the toppings. It makes the dish taste fresher and delicious. Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) Get This Recipe. Tags Rice Philippines Chicken Soup/Stew Winter.