1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Looking For Cauliflower? While that's happening, you can prep your fresh green curry paste (or opt for store-bought!) and veggies. First we start with sautéed shallot, ginger, and garlic before adding the green curry paste *, which adds the primary flavor to this dish.
Heat a dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, ginger, green chilies if using, and garlic. Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. You can have 1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry
- Prepare 3/4 cup of split mung beans/moong dal ➡️ sub with green/brown/golden lentils.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil OR avocado oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots (thinly sliced).
- You need 2 Tbsp of freshly chopped ginger.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves OR 2 tbsp minced garlic.
- You need 5 tbsp of green curry paste ➕ more to taste ➡️ store-bought will be more intense in flavor, so start with 3 tbsp and work your way up to preordered taste.
- Prepare 2 cups of roughly chopped cauliflower (or other seasonal vegetable of choice).
- It’s 2 (13.5 oz) of cans light coconut milk (can sub half with vegetable broth for a lighter curry).
- You need 2 Tbsp of coconut aminos (plus more to taste, or sub tamari).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of chopped kale or spinach (or other green of choice).
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare of Prep.
- Prepare of Super soak your moong dal or lentils in a bowl (or pot) and cover with water. Allow to sit for at least 1 hour (to increase absorption and speed cook time), or overnight. Then rinse and drain.
- Prepare of Chop up your cauliflowers.
- It’s of Slice/chop your ginger, shallots and garlic.
Serve over rice or quinoa for the ultimate. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, green chili (optional), ginger, shallot, and garlic. Reduce heat if browning too quickly.
1-Pot Cauliflower Dal Green Curry instructions
- Set your soaked and drained moong dal or lentils aside.
- Heat a large rimmed skillet or pot over medium heat. Once hot, add your coconut or avocado oil, shallot, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently..
- Once sautéed, add curry paste and cook for 1-2 more minutes..
- Add cauliflower and sauté a few more minutes. Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer..
- Add in the moong dal, coconut aminos, and maple syrup and stir baby stir..
- Return to a simmer and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes or until your moong dal is tender..
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add in your greens (kale, spinach, etc) and stir until the greens are wilted (about 3 minutes)..
- Now taste it! Add lime juice for acidity, maple syrup for sweetness, coconut aminos or salt for saltiness, or green curry paste for more intense curry flavor..
- Serve plain like a stew, or over grains like rice or quinoa. Garnish with cashews and lime juice (both optional)..
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Rehydrate with water or coconut milk as needed..
Chana Dal is a brown chickpea that has been split, skinned and polished. The chickpeas can be used in soups, salads, curry and rice dishes. See more ideas about recipes, vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes. This cauliflower peas curry gets baked in the oven. Creamy roasted flavors without standing around roasting the sauce.