Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking. Hand-made Sponge Cakes: Whole Sponge Cakes, Baby Sponge Cakes, Birthday Sponge Cakes. Crack the eggs in one at a time and whisk well, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Eloise Shardlow creates a delicate, floral twist on the classic sponge cake.
Use an electric hand mixer if you have one. Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages. Flour, eggs, fat and sugar are combined and baked to form a light,. You can have Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking
- Prepare of Flour.
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- You need of Margarine.
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Icing Sugar.
- You need of Flavour(vanilla).
- It’s of Egg yellow colour.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Milo.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Cocoa.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Sprite(Special Recipe).
- Prepare of Orange(Special Recipe).
A lovely moist sponge cake with a delicate hint of orange. This is a cake for all occasions – from afternoon tea to a wedding cake. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix all of the ingredients using a electric whisk.
Sponge Cake #mysecretbaking step by step
- Get your egg yolk which must have been seperated from the egg white…Add a little sugar to the egg yolk(You can interchange with icing sugar), add little groundnut oil, add some milk which must have been mixed previously with water(or tin milk could be used), add flavor(i used oil vanilla flavor), add salt and whisk together..
- On the other hand, you sieve your flour and add it to the previous mixture…stir thoroughly and set aside..
- Get your egg white and whisk till it becomes foamy…Add half teaspoon of cream of tartar and whisk till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Now, you add up the cream of tartar mixture gradually into the other mixture…stir properly while mixing…Then add up a little baking powder..
- After mixing thoroughly, you divide the mixture into two large bowls….
- Next you butter your baking pans. Not forgetting to put in little flour and make sure it touches all parts of the pan.. At this point, you also put on your oven and proceed to do a 'hot water bath' by pouring water into the lower part of the oven(This is exclusively for sponge cake and my secret method so i beg to differ).
- To one of the mixture in the bowl, add your milo and cocoa…proceed to mix thoroughly till well incorporated.
- To the other mixture, you add your egg yellow colour and mix thoroughly too.
- If either of the mixture is too thick, i usually cut up an 'orange', squeeze to get the liquid out and sieve because of the seeds..Then i add the extract to the cake mixture. Or you could use 'sprite' in absence of orange(This helps to lighten the mixture and also acts as a sweetener..This is a secret recipe i adopted).
- Now, you get your 2 baking pans of different colours. You add up spoonfuls by spoonfuls of the 2 mixtures alternatively in an overlapping manner(This is to get the zebra stripes).
- After this, you proceed to put in the baking pans with it's content into the oven. Don't forget to time it!.
- You know your cake is ready for consumption when u put in a knife, fork or tester(whatever you desire) into the cake and it doesn't come out moist..
- The following are other pictures of the steps.
Method All you do is sift the flour and baking powder into a roomy mixing bowl, lifting the sieve quite high to give the flour a good airing as it goes down, then simply add all the other ingredients. Whip the cream to soft peaks as the cakes cool, then spread the bottom half of the cake with the cream in an even layer. Spread the strawberry jam evenly and carefully on top of the cream. Sandwich the cake with the other half of the cake and transfer it carefully to a serving plate. Dust with the icing sugar and serve.