Fried Bread. Check Out Fry Bread On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Get yourself a thick slice of crusty bread.
Fried bread is almost always eaten with one or more other fried foods, as part of an English breakfast. This often includes eggs, English bacon, sausage, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, and baked beans. Fry them all in the same pan before you start your bread. You can have Fried Bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Bread
- It’s 600 ml of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 200 ml of warm water.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Dip the bread slices in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan under medium high heat. Fry the bread until both sides are golden brown. Fry the bacon, reserving the fat in the (preferably cast iron) pan.
Fried Bread step by step
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well..
- Pour warm water bit by bit and mix with a spatula or spoon..
- Knead. If the dough is too dry, add water. If it's too wet, add flour..
- Cover and wait for 10 minutes. Divide into 12 parts..
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of flour on your working space. Flatten the dough and roll into roundish shape..
- Heat oil in a pan. I use medium heat. Fry flattened dough. It takes less than one minute for each side to brown, so flip after one side has become brown..
Next, fry the bread and egg in the bacon fat, side by side. The bread should turn a lovely golden brown color; cook the egg as desired (or you can soft-boil it, poach it, etc.) Place the fried bread on a plate and top with the egg, and a side of bacon. Fry on one side until brown. For 'proper' fried bread it's best to cook it in a separate pan. Ideally, use bread that is a couple of days old.