Malay Chicken Curry. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and stir to coat them in the spice paste.
Fluff up and serve with the curry. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add to the pan, stirring to coat in the paste. Add the lime leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, coconut milk, stock, sugar, soy and fish sauces and bring to the boil. You can have Malay Chicken Curry using 28 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malay Chicken Curry
- You need of Curry Powder recipe (85 cents at store).
- It’s of Chili powder (or Cayenne).
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Cumin powder.
- Prepare of Coriander powder.
- You need of Fennel Powder.
- Prepare of Fenugreek/Mustard Seeds.
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- You need of Chicken meat (deboned, skinless).
- Prepare of Shallots (finely chopped).
- You need of Garlic (finely chopped).
- You need of Ginger (finely chopped).
- It’s of Green Chillies (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of Red Chillies (cut into pieces).
- You need of cinnamon stick.
- You need of Star Anise.
- It’s of Cardamom.
- You need of Cooking Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Curry Leaves.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- It’s of Tamarind slices or use 1/3 cup Tamarind juice.
- It’s of Optional;.
- Prepare of Potato (cubed).
- Prepare of Carrot (cubed).
- Prepare of Red Onion (quartered).
- You need of Tomato (quartered).
- Prepare of Coconut paste (kerisik).
Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for half an hour to an hour until the chicken is tender. Add the oil to a big pot and heat it up until hot. Add the onions and stir-fry until aromatic before adding the curry powder. Add the water into the pot and bring it to boil.
Malay Chicken Curry instructions
- Heat oil in wok on high heat and fry Cinnamon, star anise and cardamom until fragrant. Then Add shallots, ginger and garlic and fry until fragrant (10 seconds). Then add the curry powder and chicken. Mix well and cook until the oil separates..
- Add the coconut milk, tamarind slices (or juice), green and red chilies, curry leaves, salt (1 tsp) and mix well. [Optional; here is where you also add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and onions.].
- Bring to a boil and turn the heat down. Cover the wok with a let to let the liquid absorb into the chicken. Cook for 20 minutes and stir every 3 to 5 minutes. Once the gravy has thicken, the dish is done..
Cooking curry chicken in a slow cooker is possible. Simply prepare the ingredients and put them into a slow cooker. Pour in the stock, add the mango chutney and bring to the boil. Boil for a couple of minutes to reduce the liquid slightly, then add the cream and curry leaves and season with salt and pepper. This is a Malaysian Chicken Curry (Nyonya Chicken Curry) that is loved by all.