A Family Recipe: Meltingly Tender Vegetable Ratatouille. Italian Tomatoes Prepared With Authentic Regional Ingredients. Sautéed And Slowly Simmered, With Nothing Artificial. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic.
Ideally, the vegetables release natural juices and sugars and become pleasantly tender in the oven. That magical sweetness is one reason roasted vegetables taste so good. When a dish like ratatouille comes together perfectly, you get meltingly tender sweet vegetables, tangy juices, and the beautiful fragrance of garlic and herbs. You can cook A Family Recipe: Meltingly Tender Vegetable Ratatouille using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of A Family Recipe: Meltingly Tender Vegetable Ratatouille
- You need 2 of Eggplant (slim Japanese type).
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 2 of Green peppers.
- Prepare 1 of Bell peppers (red or yellow).
- Prepare 1 of Optional extras (king oyster or shimeji mushrooms, bacon etc. ).
- You need 1 can of Canned tomato.
- Prepare 1 of half the tomato can Water.
- Prepare 1 of Soup stock cubes.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic, minced.
Ratatouille is a delicious vegetable medley of meltingly tender roasted eggplant, tomatoes, and onions, balanced by crisper bites of bell pepper and zucchini. Protean Ratatouille: Heat olive oil in a large heavy enamellined casserole. Add peppers and onions and saute for a minute to get them cooking. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer very gently until.
A Family Recipe: Meltingly Tender Vegetable Ratatouille instructions
- Chop the eggplant and zucchini. Cut the onion, green peppers and bell pepper into 1~2 cm pieces..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic. When fragrant, add the onions and cook until soft..
- Add the rest of the vegetables and when the vegetables are coated with oil, add the canned tomato, water and stock cube and simmer..
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes. When the vegetables are getting soft, remove the lid and simmer, evaporating the liquid..
- Stir occasionally while simmering. When the liquid is reduced, season with salt and pepper..
- Place the leftovers on top of a slice of bread and make pizza toast..
- Here I served it with sauteed pork..
Stir in the basil and taste for seasoning, adding more salt as needed. Toss the vegetables until well coated. Arrange tomatoes, eggplant slices, zucchini, squash, onion and red and yellow bell peppers on the prepared baking sheets. It's nice enough, but no more than the sum. Besides being a classic way to use lots of late-summer vegetables, ratatouille inspires plenty of variations.