Brad's smoked brisket w/ Carolina BBQ & jalapeño cheese hushpups.
You can have Brad's smoked brisket w/ Carolina BBQ & jalapeño cheese hushpups using 34 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's smoked brisket w/ Carolina BBQ & jalapeño cheese hushpups
- It’s 4 lbs of brisket, smoked.
- Prepare of For the bbq sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of yellow mustard.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbs of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare Pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s Dash of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need of For the hushpuppies.
- It’s 1/2 of lg sweet onion, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium jalapeño, minced and seeded.
- Prepare 1 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk or buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of For the baked beans.
- It’s 2 of lg cans Busch's maple baked beans.
- It’s 1/2 of sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lg jalapeño, seeded and minced.
- You need 12 oz of bacon ends and pieces, chopped.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of molasses.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cider vinegar.
Brad's smoked brisket w/ Carolina BBQ & jalapeño cheese hushpups step by step
- Start with the bbq sauce. Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool enough to handle. Transfer to a bowl or Tupperware. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Overnight is better..
- Next focus on the brisket… Cook this however you have the means to. The main thing is at a low temperature for a long time. Personally I rubbed this with the ingredients I listed above. I then cold smoked it under 90 degrees for about 8 hours. I then let it rest overnight in the fridge. The next day, I placed it in a roaster, and added 1 cup of water. Covered it and roasted it at 300 degrees for about 5-6 hours. Until it was fall apart tender. Slice thinly across the grain to serve..
- When you are getting close to the brisket being done, start on the beans and hushpuppies..
- For the beans, add the onion, jalapeño, and bacon to a pot. Saute until the bacon starts to render, and the onion and jalapeño sweat out. Don't let the onion brown. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients for the beans and bring to a simmer. Simmer until bacon gets tender..
- For the hushpuppies, mix together all the dry ingredients. Beat the egg, add it to the dry ingredients along with the milk. Mix until the batter is smooth and doesn't have large chunks of dry powder. Fold in the onion, jalapeño, and cheese. While doing this, preheat the oil for frying to around 350 degrees. Drop dough by the spoonful into hot oil. Fry 4-6 minutes each batch. They are done when golden brown and not doughy in the middle..
- When everything is done, pile it all on a plate and chow down. Don't forget to smother the brisket in bbq sauce. And the hushpuppies are pretty good with the sauce too. 🤤🤤 enjoy..