Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos. This will help the pork mixture and vegetables to hold on firmly. Add heated pork mixture to tortilla and squeeze in a bit of lime juice. Add whatever fresh chilled additions you'd like.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat. Mike's Garlic Pork Machaca (Tender Pulled Mexican Pork Tacos) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. You can cook Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos
- Prepare 1 (2.5 lb) of Pork Shoulder Or Butt Roast.
- It’s 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Broth [use 1.5+].
- Prepare 1 of Mexican Beer.
- You need 1 of Medium Diced Green Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Diced White Onion [+ reserves].
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Diced Red Onion [+ reserves].
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of Can Rotell [or more].
- It’s 2 of Small Oranges [halved – divided].
- Prepare 2 of Limes [halved – divided + reserves].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- You need 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [+ reserves].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cumin [divided].
- You need 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of Can Tomiitillas [hand crushed].
- Prepare 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- It’s 1 Head of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- You need of ● Garnishes & Side Options.
- It’s of Shreadded Cabbage.
- Prepare of Sliced Radishes.
- Prepare of Sliced Avocados.
- It’s of Lime Quarters.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Red & Green Salsas [see my EZ recipes].
- You need Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need of Chilled Guacamole [see my EZ recipe].
- You need of Shreadded Cheeses.
- Prepare of Sliced Jalapeños.
- You need of Warmed 6 " Tortillas [flour or corn].
They are fine and they look fantastic. Sprinkle the pork butt heavily with salt and pepper on all sides. Scatter the pork butt on top of the oranges. Pour the achiote puree inside the slow cooker.
Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos step by step
- Here's the majority of items you'll be needing. Roast and seasonings not pictured here..
- Add1 1/2 boxes chicken broth, 1 bottle Mexican beer,1 tbsp Cumin, 1 halved lime, 1 halved orange and 1 two pound pork roast to a large pot. SImmer on high for 1 hour covered..
- In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate until needed..
- After 1 hour, add your primary ingredients [everything except for reserves] and seasonings to your simmering pot. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours longer. Or, until pork is falling apart. Add reserved 1 tbsp Cumin last..
- Strain your solids from your broth and reserve both separately. Fork shred your pork roast. I reserve the fluids for the following day to rehydrate any leftovers..
- Place a small amount of your broth back into your shreadded pork, mix and seal tightly until ready to fry..
- Add some lard to a high heated pan. You're wanting to put a sear or char on one side of your pork mixture. Much like Carnitas..
- Add your pork mixture to your heated pan. Allow any fluids to dissipate and a char to form on the bottom. Add salt at this point if you'd like..
- To Construct Tacos: Smear 1/2 side of tortilla with sour cream and the other with guacamole. This will help the pork mixture and vegetables to hold on firmly..
- Add heated pork mixture to tortilla and squeeze in a bit of lime juice..
- Add whatever fresh chilled additions you'd like..
- Prepare tacos for service and offer lime wedges, green and red salsas as well as other fresh vegetables to the side. Enjoy!.
- My students also made FANTASTIC school lunches with all the sides out of this easy recipe too! Green & red salsas, cheeses, guacamole, tortillas, herbs, limes, shreadded cabbage, sour cream, meats – the works!.
Start by searing chunks of pork loin roast and then slow cook it with Mexican seasonings until it shreds. Stuff it into corn tortillas and fry until crispy. Add some of your favorite taco toppings and dig in! Your taste buds will love these shredded pork tacos… Enjoy! Juice orange into bowl and remove any seeds.