Simple Carrot Cake. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Easy carrot cake. Top this classic carrot cake with moreish icing and chopped walnuts or pecans. Serve as a sweet treat with a cup of tea any time of the day.
The Cream cheese icing is also easy to make and really delicious. Feel free to reduce the amount of sugar in the cake if you prefer your cakes less sweet. This is a great carrot cake recipe that is easy to make. You can have Simple Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Carrot Cake
- It’s of cake ingredients.
- You need 100 grams of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 250 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 350 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 350 grams of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnermon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 dash of vallina extract.
- You need of icing.
- It’s 400 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 300 grams of cream cheese.
- It’s 110 grams of room temp butter.
- It’s 1 dash of lemon juice.
It calls for self-raising flour, carrots, walnuts and cinnamon – no other spices, pineapple, raisins, etc. The Cream cheese icing is also easy to make and really delicious. Feel free to reduce the amount of sugar in the cake if you prefer your cakes less sweet. However, once iced with cream cheese frosting, they should be stored in the fridge.
Simple Carrot Cake step by step
- preheat oven 180°F.
- grease two round cake tins.
- mix flour and spices together.
- blend together all the other wet ingredients.
- add carrots and walnuts and mix together.
- put mixture in cake tins, even amounts.
- put in the middle of the oven for 35-45 mins.
- cool down on a cooling rack.
- for icing mix butter and cream cheese together.
- mix in all the other ingredients.
- spread imbetween cake layers and on top.
- please note: walnuts are optional and can be replaced with raisins.
You can freeze an un-iced carrot cake for up to. All the joy of baking with healthier results! Break the eggs into a large bowl, and lightly whisk using a fork. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.