Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread). Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) This is a very popular Kerala/Tamil Nadu street food made with malabar paratha (south indian bread made with all purpose flour /maida). This dish is also available in SriLanka as Kothu Roti. Below is my version of Kothu Parotta.
Prepare the frozen parotta as per the instruction. You may prepare fresh parotta as well. Chop the parottas into small pieces and keep it aside. You can have Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread)
- It’s 2-3 of medium sized malabar parotta (I used sumeru frozen parotta).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onions (purple or white).
- It’s 1 of /2 cup chicken curry gravy (Please check out my recipe for "Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry".
- It’s 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder.
- Prepare 4-5 of curry leaves.
- You need of salt as required.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon/lime juice.
In a pan add few tsps of coconut oil. Add minced ginger -garlic into it and mix everything well. Serve hot with Cilantro & Mint Raita. Egg bread kothu: This is a very interesting and simple dish that we can make within minutes.
Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) step by step
- Prepare the frozen parotta as per the instruction.You may prepare fresh parotta as well. Chop the parottas into small pieces and keep it aside..
- In a pan add few tsps of coconut oil. When the oil becomes hot, add 1 cup of chopped onions and sau·té it well. Add minced ginger -garlic into it and mix everything well. Next add chilly powder, chopped cilantro,curry leaves, crushed pepper powder. Sau·té everything well for a minute or so till the raw smell of masala goes..
- Add two eggs,mix well. Wait for the eggs to cook a little bit (3/4 cook). Add the chopped parotta pieces into this.Add a pinch of salt.Mix everything well..
- Add half cup of chicken curry (gravy) into the parotta mixture and mix well. Please checkout my chicken curry recipe here https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/706475-kerala-style-spicy-chicken-curry?ref=channel..
- Remove bones from the chicken pieces if any and cut/mince the chicken pieces(from the curry).Add this to the masala mixture..
- Mix everything well.Add more salt if required. Squeeze some lemon juice on top.The parotta peices needs to be soaked a little bit in the masala mixture..
- Serve hot..
Almost everybody loves kothu parotta, here I have. Egg Kothu Parotta or Muttai Parotta is prepared with shredded parotta that is tossed in a sauteed onion-tomato spiced mixture, scrambled eggs and salna. In most restaurants it is served with raita but you can savor the dish without any accompaniment. Its a meal on its own, very filling and full of flavor. Kothu Parotta is a lick smacking recipe from South India.