Fried Blue Catfish with Coconut Rice (Nasi Uduk). See recipes for Fried Blue Catfish with Coconut Rice (Nasi Uduk) too. They also had deep fried chicken and organs, and even deep fried napa cabbage – something that I had never eaten like this before. We ordered up a selection of different deep fried items, including some pecel lele, the deep fried catfish.
All the fried items were salty and a little oily, and very tasty. Finally, to complete my nasi uduk and ayam goreng meal there were a number of different sambal. Nasi Uduk or Scented Coconut Rice from Jakarta (Betawi) is a great pair with Ayam Bakar Bumbu Rujak (Barbequed Chicken with Chili Coconut Sauce). You can have Fried Blue Catfish with Coconut Rice (Nasi Uduk) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried Blue Catfish with Coconut Rice (Nasi Uduk)
- Prepare 4 Lb of Blue Catfish.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- It’s of Oil cooking.
- Prepare of Salt-Pepper.
- Prepare of ✨Coconut Rice✨.
- You need 400 ML of Coconut Milk.
- It’s 4 Cup of Jasmine Rice.
- You need 2-3 of Pandan leaves.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt (as you need).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Chicken Flavor Bouillon (Optional).
- Prepare 3 of Thin slices Galangal.
- It’s 3 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 2 of Lemongrass.
- Prepare 3 Cup of Water.
As you may know from my previous post that these two dishes, Nasi Uduk and Ayam Bakar Bumbu Rujak were made in hurry. Uduk Rice Recipes (Nasi Uduk) Tasty Indonesian Food Nasi uduk is the name of a kind of food made from basic material diaron white rice and steamed with coconut milk from the grated coconut, and spiced with nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper, lemongrass and ginger leaves. The sambal that normally served with nasi Uduk is Sambal Kacang (peanut chilli sauce). It is similar to nasi lemak, but besides coconut milk, nasi Uduk is also cooked with lemongrass, bay leaf and kaffir lime leaf to give the rice an aromatic scent.
Fried Blue Catfish with Coconut Rice (Nasi Uduk) step by step
- Prepare the blue catfish by cutting it into small pieces. Squeeze in the juice of 1 whole lemon onto the catfish then season it with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry the catfish 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until it’s crispy as desired..
- To cook the coconut rice, place all of the ingredients in a rice cooker pot and cook until ready. Stir the rice in the rice cooker and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving. Remove the lemongrass, pandan, ginger, bay leaves and galangal..
- It is traditional to shape the rice and put it alongside the fried catfish, fried tofu, broccoli, fried eggs and cucumber. Sprinkle fried shallot on top of the rice. Enjoy!😉.
Nasi Uduk can be literally translates as "mixed rice," and not only there are a great mix of herbs in cooking the rice, it is often served with mixed side dishes too. Fried crispy catfish served with Pondok's sambal belacan and white rice Rice Platters.. White rice served with fried chicken, stir fried long beans, and tempeh, shredded omelette, and sambal anchovy with ground nuts.. A classic Indonesian sweet drink made from rice flour, served with coconut milk, palm sugar, and jackfruit. Uduk rice is a popular meal when leaving for work.