Pesto Roasted Asparagus. Mix pesto with garlic and oil and toss with asparagus on a baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roasted pesto asparagus pairs together Gruyère cheese with pesto for a unique flavor combination certain to elevate your meal!
By clicking on one of these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Line a large baking pan with foil, parchment, or a silicone mat. Place the asparagus on your lined baking sheet. You can cook Pesto Roasted Asparagus using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pesto Roasted Asparagus
- You need of asparagus; trimmed.
- It’s of lemon; zested.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of recipe "Bacon-Arugula Chicken" (see my recipes, omit chicken).
- Prepare of small pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
- You need of EVOO.
Place the asparagus in a baking pan. Don't worry about finding a pan large enough to hold the asparagus in one layer – the stalks can overlap a bit. Drizzle the olive oil over them and toss gently to coat the asparagus evenly. Place asparagus and pesto in large resealable food storage bag; press out air and seal shut.
Pesto Roasted Asparagus step by step
- Toss asparagus with enough oil to coat. Season with onion powder, salt and pepper. Add 1 C pesto. Toss. Lay flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Scoop all pesto out of the bowl atop the asparagus. Bake at 400° for approximately 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender..
- Garnish with lemon zest..
- Variations; Yellow bell pepper, red wine vinegar, feta, paprika, shallots, habanero, bacon, pancetta, chives, cilantro, scallions, leeks, ramps, ginger, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, chili powder, serrano, lime, lemon juice, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, spinach, arugula, almond pesto, sherry, aioli, red onion, red bell pepper, capers, chickpeas, eggplant, leeks, portobello, walnut, almond, pistachios, peanut, olives, honey, oregano, white pepper, rosemary, yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, balsamic, red wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, green beans, brown butter, romano, gruyere, fennel, fennel seed, green garlic, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds.
Massage pesto onto asparagus until it is fully coated. Remove from bag and place in single layer on baking sheet. Grate lemon peel over asparagus; squeeze with a little lemon juice. Heat over medium heat till just sizzling. Toss in frying pan with hot oil.