Banana Bread. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix.
Enjoy for afternoon tea, elevenses or pop into packed lunches. Easy to make, great with tea and beloved by kids and adults alike, it's not hard to see why this is one of the most popular baking recipes on BBC Good Food. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the peeled and mashed bananas. You can have Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 of overly ripe bananas, mashed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dried cranberries.
- You need 1/3 cup of walnuts.
Then, with your wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts, drained sultanas and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well after each bit. In a large bowl, combine flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees..
- Mix banana, sugar, butter and egg until well combined. Add vanilla and mix..
- Add all the dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Do not over mix so that the bread is not too dense..
- Add the dried cranberries. Mix until thoroughly incorporated..
- Grease the pan and pour in the batter. Top with walnuts and baked for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown..
Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Lightly grease the loaf tin and line it with non-stick baking parchment. Bake the banana bread Pour your mixture into your prepared loaf tin. Use a spatula to scrape it out of your bowl and level the surface.