Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe). For an orange-ginger sweet and sour sauce, do not add the potato starch slurry at the beginning. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened. Heat oil in a saucepan add the garlic and chilli powder and cook until garlic is browned.
This Simple Sweet 'N Sour Sauce Recipe has one step, literally. Place cornstarch, water, cider vinegar, sugar, ketchup and soy sauce in a saucepan, then whisk and bring to heat and it will thicken in just a few minutes. And this is what you'll get – a beautiful glossy, shiny homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce. You can cook Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe)
- You need of veg or chicken stock.
- It’s of light soy sauce.
- Prepare of ketchup.
- Prepare of cider viniger.
- It’s of orange juice.
- You need of star anise.
- You need of minced garlic.
- Prepare of crushed ginger.
- Prepare of shredded carrot.
- You need of light soft brown sugar.
- Prepare of dry chilli flakes.
- You need of 5 spice.
- You need of small sweet pepper, sliced.
- Prepare of cornflour to thicken (optional, see steps).
Add water, vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup and sugar into a pan. From sweet and sour chicken to pork, try our delicious sweet and sour recipes that can be ready in less time than it takes for a delivery to arrive. Sweet and sour chicken by The Hairy Bikers Coat the chicken in the cornflour and add to the pan. Stir-fry for four minutes until very lightly coloured on all sides.
Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) step by step
- Chuck all in a sauce pan one at a time stirring to the boil..
- Either reduce to consistency, or thicken with corn flour. (reducing gives stronger flavour).
- Remove star anise before serving..
- REMEMBER MY TITLE SAYS BASE!!, I normally play not weigh, so I've increased the amount I've made and tried to weigh as I went, make your own tweeks to suit your tastes. Pineapple goes well as an additional sweetener..
Add the pineapple and sweet and sour sauce to the pan with the chicken and. Peel the onion and garlic and chop. Cut the peppers into strips, discard the seeds and membranes. Pour the pineapple juice from the can into a jug. Mix in the white wine vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar to the juice.