Banana Bread. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread.
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. You can cook Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 220 g of softened butter.
- It’s 300 g of sugar.
- Prepare 1 packet of vanilla sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 4 of very(!) ripe bananas, mashed with a fork.
- You need 375 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 250 ml of Greek yogurt.
- It’s 100 g of chocolate chips or coarsely chopped, bake-proof chocolate.
- It’s 1 of Bundt- or Gugelhupf cake tin.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. This classic Banana Bread recipe has appeared in almost every edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook that's ever been printed, and it's no surprise! This Banana Bread is sure to become a staple in your home if it's not already.
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (upper and lower heat). Grease the cake tin..
- Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar using a hand mixer, until light and creamy. Mix until the sugar has dissolved, which takes about 5-7 min..
- Stir in one egg after the other. Mix until you get a smooth mixture..
- Add the mashed bananas. Don’t worry if the batter looks a little lumpy or strange, this is what it’s supposed to look like!.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. Mix well..
- Add half of the flour mixture and all of the Greek yogurt to the batter. Mix. Lastly add the rest of the flour and the chocolate chips/chunks. Don’t overwork the batter by mixing too much..
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check the cake after 30 minutes; if the cake is browning too quickly, loosely place a sheet of aluminum foil on top of the cake. This will prevent the top of the cake to get too dark. Remove the foil towards the end of the baking time..
- Let the cake cool off completely in the cake tin. Then turn out the cake onto a cake platter..
Enjoy slices of moist Banana Bread and add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or berries to customize it to your family's favorite flavors. It's always a delicious idea to have a loaf of simple Banana Bread around the kitchen for a wholesome way to satisfy snack-time cravings. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined.