🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀. Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. Is traditional Irish soda bread vegan? No, unfortunately, traditional Irish soda bread is made with dairy, often including buttermilk, butter, and sometimes eggs.
Set that aside to do its thing. Meanwhile, toss the currants in a bit of flour. Doing this helps to keep the currants evenly distributed throughout your loaf. You can have 🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀 using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀
- It’s of Dry ingredients.
- Prepare 4 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegan shredded cheddar.
- It’s of Liquids.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of soy milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
There are soda bread recipes that call for all different types of flour, different liquids (yogurt, buttermilk, etc.) and different mix-ins. This is a vegan version of Irish soda bread. Patrick's Day this week, and Irish soda bread is the soda bread I'm most familiar with. This rustic Vegan Irish Soda Bread is crusty and delicious.
🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀 instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Mix the dry ingredients and liquids in 2 separate bowls..
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture slowly. Mix the ingredients carefully. Do not over blend at this step, otherwise the bread won’t be fluffy..
- Add bread mixture on a greased skillet. Use a sharp knife to cut an 'X' on top of the bread. Sprinkle some flour on top of the bread..
- Cook the bread in oven for 50 minutes..
- Delicious soda bread ready to serve!.
Holidays are a great excuse to make food and have a party, especially St. Not that I need an excuse to do any of that. But, one of my favorite things to make is vegan Irish Soda. My Vegan Irish Soda bread is a tasty rustic, no-yeast and no-knead bread! Super quick and easy you can have a loaf ready in just an hour!