Beef Brisket. Eat Better Meat With Award Winning Butchery. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Brisket runs from the bottom of the neck down under the ribs. It's great for casseroles and pot-roasts, but is also much more versatile than that. In the USA it's very much associated with barbecue and smoking, as well as salt beef. You can have Beef Brisket using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Brisket
- It’s 4 lb of beef brisket, trimmed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry mustard.
- You need 1 of bay leaf, crushed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 1 of water.
To make the brisket, season the beef all over with salt and pepper. Brisket flat is the leaner part of the brisket that consists of two muscles, the other being the fatty decal. This smoking method creates a moist smoked brisket ideal for slicing. It uses a simple Texas [.] Salt beef.
Beef Brisket instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic onion powders, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with rub..
- Place in roasting pan and roast uncovered for 1 hour..
- And beef stock and enough water to yield about half inch of liquid in roasting pan. Lower oven to 300, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours or until fork tender..
- I've done it that way but this time I tried it in a slow cooker. Did almost everything the same except only added about 1/2 cup of water with the broth and cooked it on low for 8 to 10 hours..
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain or shred with two forks. Top with juice from pan..
This brined brisket and bagel treat is a great excuse to get the gang over. If you're looking for a straightforward brining project with spectacular results, then have a go at making your own salt beef. It takes a week for the beef to brine, so it makes an ideal weekend activity, ready for you to enjoy the following weekend. Brisket is a beef cut taken from the breast section of the cow beneath the first five ribs, behind the foreshank. It comprises the pectoral muscles of the cow, which supports much of the animal's weight.